Jeep Turbine 10-Spoke Rims Restoration

Watching.  I am wanting to do the same thing, polished the edges and paint the rest black.

Can I make a suggestion?  Cut that old valve stem off.  When done painting, put a new one on.  They aren't expensive and unless they've been recently replaced they might be 30 years old.  Cheap insurance.

I think it would look more "normal" if it wasn't so dark, the area you painted. I've never seen an actual black turbine wheel in real life, I've only ever seen them in promo/original pics. Did they actually ever paint them black for production?

Black accents on a white truck don't look good if you overdo the black bits.

29 minutes ago, 91Pioneer said:

I think it would look more "normal" if it wasn't so dark, the area you painted. I've never seen an actual black turbine wheel in real life, I've only ever seen them in promo/original pics. Did they actually ever paint them black for production?

No, they were a light/medium gray.

7 hours ago, amsuco said:

Please update us with pictures when you get these on the truck.  I have a set of the turbine wheels too, and I'm torn between the black and tan coloring between the spokes.  Those sure are pretty though!  

I will definitely post pics once they’re on.  Does anyone here know how to restore the centercaps?  

The black plastic part is a little faded so I’ll probably spray paint black. But what about the chrome?

Also, here’s what it looked like between the spokes before painting. 

It had a grayish tint, but the dirt spots would not go away.

That is why I decided to paint black.

F84A91E6-14A5-4344-A3C4-CFD0DE082813.jpeg.0c775a24d6afa7e7b7e09043d65c10cb.jpeg

Looks fantastic. It works w/out the caps, but like a few others I would like it with the caps. You've got a little bit of a chrome thing going on so I think they would look really good, plus the "Jeep" in the middle of them ads a detailed touch IMO. Regardless, roll with what YOU like 'cause it will look awesome either way. :L:

interesting without the caps.  I assumed they just wouldn't look right without them, but you've got me kinda diggin' the look.

12 hours ago, WahooSteeler said:

Regardless, roll with what YOU like 'cause it will look awesome either way. :L:

i agree with WahooSteeler.