Archaeor

Persistent Squirrel Problem.......

I went to start the Comanche the other day, no go. I popped the hood and a squirrel had made a nest on top of the battery using the insulation on the underside of the hood.  It also filled every nook and cranny inside the engine compartment with hundreds of acorns!!! I've removed the nest and spent the next hour with the shop-vac getting the poop and acorns out.  Luckily, it only chewed thru one little wire, which I found and repaired.  Comanche is back running, but the squirrel keeps coming back daily and/or nightly and leaving more "gifts" and chewing off more insulation.  Anybody have any good ideas on how to keep the squirrel out of my truck (aside from shooting or poisoning the bastard)?  Mothballs perhaps? Anybody else ever have this problem?

3 minutes ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

Trap and relocate? 

Not a bad idea, I may try that.  Unfortunately, I live in the mountains, there are at least half a dozen squirrels on my property, and with my luck I'd catch a skunk....... I've got those, too.

If bb gun isn't an option they make chemicals that are supposed to work. Never tried the chemical it might work?

it's 30 freaking bucks, but the Ssscat brand of automatic air sprayer does wonders for keeping our cat away from the bedrooms at night (she likes to come down the hallway and howl in the middle of the night).  it has a motion detector and sprays out a puff that my cat hates:D 

434_3_.jpg

Damn squirrels... I had one that liked to hide under my MJ. I never found anything he stashed, but he chewed the $#!& out of my taillight harness. One day I saw him run over and jump up onto my tire and into my engine bay as I was about to leave. I fired up the truck, and backed it out of the driveway. There was one very stunned looking squirrel laying on the ground, twitching. I got back an hour later, and he was gone. Never saw him again.