Toph (toff)

jdog

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Procrastinated the lca still, I did however remove and redo the headliner. While it was out the bedlight went in. I also removed the rocker bases and installed the old bases, some might enjoy ducking to get into the truck, not me I tried to give it time but just couldn't get used to it.

Stock 1988 swb 4.0 ax15 np 231.

• 4 weeks later...

Shakes got worse which means I got off my lazy butt and took a look. I found that the tie rod sleeve nuts had loosened causing slop in the tie rod. Tightened and the bad shakes went away still have a slight shake every once in a while gonna replace the stabilizer soon as I'm not sure how old it is.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welp I'm about 200 off on the tachas it sits now. It received a new steering stabilizer. I also removed the brush guard, now I will be on the hunt for chrome. 36dc328c3cfa1e6066314ce17e8c36bb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Welp got to work on it over the weekend. Reset and installed the other speedo I had, old one only worked til 45 mph, after that it bounced and spun around so bad. Fixed the oil pressure gauge and adjusted the tach. Changed the oil for the year and install the front skid plate. While it getting parts got to meet bucky and Bob. Got the bored throttle body installed and fixed the sensor ground, yet another cruiser tip finished, also removed extra wires from previous owners.
No pictures just dreams.

1 hour ago, jdog said:

Also tow hooks, still unsure about the air dam. Will either replace or paint, this one's weird as it's opaque

I got a spare one I bought off a member back in December. Its black too but doesn't have the holes cut for the tow hooks.

So now that I'm on the computer and not mobile, lets explain. It was a good day at the junkyard, found a decent chrome bumper and grill surrounds off of a xj, on another xj found the chrome tow hooks. installed after a little cleaning, also found and installed the chrome trim pieces behind the arm rests.  forgot to grab the brackets for the tow hooks as i knew i had a set, will have to go back and see if this one had the brackets. Still deciding on chrome door handles, might just stick with the black ones as i am not looking to put everything chrome.

Also next time i pull the bumper one of the corner guards is getting swapped, after installing the bumper realized the one has a split in it.