Swampy

2.5l power steering

Hey guys looking for some 2.5l or (if I can retrofit some renix 4.0l) power steering equipment. I am looking for everything preferably, but will consider just the pump, hoses, and fluid reservoir.

If anyone has one, or has leads about one, please contact me 

1 hour ago, Swampy said:

Hey guys looking for some 2.5l or (if I can retrofit some renix 4.0l) power steering equipment. I am looking for everything preferably, but will consider just the pump, hoses, and fluid reservoir.

If anyone has one, or has leads about one, please contact me 

I have a renix 4.0L pump, reservoir and hoses I pulled off my 88. 

7 hours ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

Which 2.5 setup?

renix tbi 2.5. Walt told me I could fit a 4.0l pump

11 hours ago, Swampy said:

renix tbi 2.5. Walt told me I could fit a 4.0l pump

I'm unsure of that but I think about anything is adaptable if your up to the task. My ? For which setup up was more for pulley style. There were several 86 belt routing setups with at least 2 pulley styles. I have both and 1 seems much harder to find the pulley. I also believe the pumps are the same but again with slightly different clocking orientations. The pumps are rebuildable and you can get them at the box stores but you need the right 1. I think I have come across them swapped with wrong pumps since they are sitting at about the 3-4 o-clock position leaning to far to the right.

13 hours ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

I'm unsure of that but I think about anything is adaptable if your up to the task. My ? For which setup up was more for pulley style. There were several 86 belt routing setups with at least 2 pulley styles. I have both and 1 seems much harder to find the pulley. I also believe the pumps are the same but again with slightly different clocking orientations. The pumps are rebuildable and you can get them at the box stores but you need the right 1. I think I have come across them swapped with wrong pumps since they are sitting at about the 3-4 o-clock position leaning to far to the right.

With my jeep being away from me at the moment. This is the best picture I got to show the belt routing I know its not great. I will try to draw it and get it uploaded tomorrow

bBeDnzP.jpg

1 hour ago, MeanLemons said:

Well if u want to try a renix 4.0 pump and stuff. Let me know 

Is it a 3 bolt system? Can you post some pics?

When I put that style on my ‘87 4 cyl, I had to space it all forward about 3/8” (10mm) for the serpentine pulleys to line up and the reservoir to clear the exhaust. 

It originally had the one with a remote reservoir but it came loose on the previous owner and destroyed the serpentine pulley. 

Edited by carnuck
Clarification

6 hours ago, carnuck said:

When I put that style on my ‘87 4 cyl, I had to space it all forward about 3/8” (10mm) for the serpentine pulleys to line up and the reservoir to clear the exhaust. 

It originally had the one with a remote reservoir but it came loose on the previous owner and destroyed the serpentine pulley. 

I can deal with the spacing out part, if it worked was my main concern