One of our own is down

Eagle

Oh, I am so saddened to hear this. 

Don sure was a great source of friendly and competent help for me as I worked on my truck.  Many private messages back and forth and he never appeared irritated that I asked for his help so often.  

To Don's Asawa:  Taos puso po akong nakikiramay saiyo.    

Rest in Peace, my friend.  

My thoughts and prayers go out to Don’s family.

I’m sure that others will agree that Don helped many people on here including me with anything and was more than willing to take time out of his day to answer my questions about some of the simplest of things. He made this forum great. Rest In Peace Don. Hopefully you continue to drive that Comanche in the great big sky.

Hello everyone. It is with a heavy heart that I say my Dad, Don Hornbrook, passed yesterday due to multiple complications. Our family is pretty devastated and we ask for your prayers. The funeral service will be this Saturday, 26 January at:

Arab Heritage Memorial Chapel
1340 North Main St
arab, al 35016
Phone: (256)586-4100

the viewing will be from 2-4PM with the service starting at 4PM

If there are any questions or if you would like to send flowers please contact the funeral home. Anyone is welcome to attend as well if they would like. Thank you so much for your support and concern for my dad and our family during this difficult time.   

V/R,
Abby
"This is my comfort in my affliction, That Your word has revived me." ... We pray God finds you and your family peace.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I think I speak for a lot of folks here when I say that though I never met Don, I felt he was my friend.  I sincerely regret not having made the relatively short drive to Arab to have a cup of coffee, compare Comanches (his would have won, no contest), and talk about  Bama, Jeeps and life in general.

I can only offer my deepest sympathy and my prayers for consolation to Don’s family.

Rest in peace, Don.  And, thank you for your friendship.

• Pete M unpinned this topic