One of our own is down

Eagle

Hello! My dad is still in a private room in the hospital but is being moved on Monday to a facility that can address his complex wounds from being put in the ventilator and his body going into shock weeks ago. They will also start him on some physical therapy as soon as possible. He’s still not able to get on the computer to update himself but is slowly getting better. It’s a slower and longer process than we originally thought but he is still getting better every day. Me and my family are so thankful for yalls concern and I will update as much as I can when anything changes! Please feel free to ask any questions. 

13 hours ago, HOrnbroddaughter said:

Hello! My dad is still in a private room in the hospital but is being moved on Monday to a facility that can address his complex wounds from being put in the ventilator and his body going into shock weeks ago. They will also start him on some physical therapy as soon as possible. He’s still not able to get on the computer to update himself but is slowly getting better. It’s a slower and longer process than we originally thought but he is still getting better every day. Me and my family are so thankful for yalls concern and I will update as much as I can when anything changes! Please feel free to ask any questions. 

Abby,

Thank YOU for taking the time to keep us informed!  We all appreciate the updates and best wishes to Don.

John Jackson

Hey everyone. No real updates yet :( still in a wait and see phase according to doctors. Most recent information is that he is on a bipap machine to maintain his oxygen levels as his CO2 levels rise too higher when he’s off. My mom has been with him every day and we are just in a stagnant phase. Thank you all for the concern and prayers and I hope to have a more positive update for everyone soon. 

V/r,

Abby 

Thanks for the update Abby, we're all pulling for you all:thumbsup:

Hopefully dad didn't watch the Clemson game....that couldn't have helped any (kidding, of course :grinyes:)

Keep us posted when you can.

Jeff

Get well soon Don!!!

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time,

take it slow and steady, this place needs you back to show the young guys what Chrome is all about.

Get stronger every day sir

there's lots and lots more World Champion Red Sox to enjoy in the coming year.:thumbsup:

On 1/9/2019 at 11:32 AM, HOrnbroddaughter said:

Hey everyone. No real updates yet :( still in a wait and see phase according to doctors. Most recent information is that he is on a bipap machine to maintain his oxygen levels as his CO2 levels rise too higher when he’s off. My mom has been with him every day and we are just in a stagnant phase. Thank you all for the concern and prayers and I hope to have a more positive update for everyone soon. 

V/r,

Abby 

Just so you know we won't stop praying and won't forget about Don and his family.

Hello everyone. It is with a heavy heart that I say my Dad, Don Hornbrook, passed yesterday due to multiple complications. Our family is pretty devastated and we ask for your prayers. The funeral service will be this Saturday, 26 January at:

Arab Heritage Memorial Chapel

1340 North Main St

arab, al 35016

Phone: (256)586-4100

the viewing will be from 2-4PM with the service starting at 4PM

If there are any questions or if you would like to send flowers please contact the funeral home. Anyone is welcome to attend as well if they would like. Thank you so much for your support and concern for my dad and our family during this difficult time.   

V/R,

Abby

• Pete M unpinned this topic