One of our own is down

Eagle

Earlier this evening Pete contacted me to ask if I knew how to reach Hornbrod. I didn't ... but I do now. Don has been in the hospital for a week. He was in the ICU. If I understand the message I received from his daughter, he's out of the ICU but still not able to come home.

Those of you who are the praying type (as opposed to the preying type), please add him to your prayer lists.

Earlier this evening Pete contacted me to ask if I knew how to reach Hornbrod. I didn't ... but I do now. Don has been in the hospital for a week. He was in the ICU. If I understand the message I received from his daughter, he's out of the ICU but still not able to come home.

Those of you who are the praying type (as opposed to the preying type), please add him to your prayer lists.

I’ll definitely keep him in my prayers. Thanks for letting us know...

1989 Base
4.0 L
Auto
Long bed
2WD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update:

I just spoke with Don's USAF Captain daughter. I had misunderstood. Don is NOT out of the ICU, but he is off the mechanical ventilator. They expect him to be moved out of the ICU on Monday. Then, if all goes well for a few more days, he'll be discharged to a rehab facility until after the first of the year, when they expect him to be able to come home.

The problem is that Don quit smoking too late. He has emphysema and COPD. He picked up an infection and, on top of the other two problems, that pretty much shut down his breathing -- so this little episode wasn't "little," it was very serious. His daughter said he is feeling somewhat better now -- I'm sure getting off a ventilator and being able to breathe on his own must seem YUUUGE at this point.

They're talking about getting him a laptop of some kind so he'll be able to connect with the world (and with us rabble) while he's in the hospital and the rehab center.

That's all I know for now. I'll post updates as I receive them.

I was just thinking about PMing Don as I signed on to the forums.  It’s good to hear that he’s off the vent and breathing on his own.  He and his family will be in our prayers until he’s much better and able to go home.  He’s definitely one of the good guys and I bet he’s not at all happy about having to be in the hospital.

Damn....Don is O.G. Comanche Club.  Please keep us all updated on his progress.

Bud Light instead of Miller High Life and this could have all been avoided:wink:

Seriuosly though, getter better Don.

Jeff

• Eagle pinned this topic
  • Pete M unpinned this topic