Comanche Club Apparel

amsuco

1 hour ago, bluenotenick said:

Here is an updated version of this logo. Open to suggestions...I don't necessarily consider it a final version. If it isn't what most of us want to wear on a shirt/hoodie, we can shelve it and go with one of the others.

CC logo.jpg

I like this but I think most people would immediately associate it with an XJ not an MJ.  And I second mjeff87, 86 would make more sense. 

6 hours ago, bluenotenick said:

Here is an updated version of this logo. Open to suggestions...I don't necessarily consider it a final version. If it isn't what most of us want to wear on a shirt/hoodie, we can shelve it and go with one of the others.

CC logo.jpg

Suggestions:

put on a front bumper, tuck the tires underneath bumper, draw a pumpkin on the axle 

I’m liking the direction 

It looks good with orange turn signals, but it will probably cost significantly more to print with full color versus black and white. Also, just so we are on the same page here before getting all the way to Biloxi... Pete gets the final decision on the logo. If he wants the original CC logo, that's what we'll do. I'm enjoying stretching my legs here either way. It's good for my design skills and I appreciate all the input so far.

CC logo ALT6.jpg

CC logo ALT5.jpg

I like it. Nice job, but...... How bout more of an a$@ end pic... tailgate, lights, Jeep across the tailgate? I mean that’s really all that sets it apart from an XJ. Maybe that could be on the back of the shirt. Like way down the road of course. I’m cool with just Comanche Club printed on it to start:D.

1 hour ago, 13 Legion said:

I like it. Nice job, but...... How bout more of an a$@ end pic... tailgate, lights, Jeep across the tailgate? I mean that’s really all that sets it apart from an XJ. Maybe that could be on the back of the shirt. Like way down the road of course. I’m cool with just Comanche Club printed on it to start:D.

As amsuco mentioned, there are trademark issues so it could easily kill the tail end's appeal without our favorite four letter word. We'll probably have to take a conservative approach on the Amazon products. I've been thinking about a tail end version too... it is a good idea. I'll probably start something regardless just for kicking around.

9 hours ago, bluenotenick said:

It looks good with orange turn signals, but it will probably cost significantly more to print with full color versus black and white. Also, just so we are on the same page here before getting all the way to Biloxi... Pete gets the final decision on the logo. If he wants the original CC logo, that's what we'll do. I'm enjoying stretching my legs here either way. It's good for my design skills and I appreciate all the input so far.

CC logo ALT6.jpg

CC logo ALT5.jpg

like it

9 hours ago, Pete M said:

Ron can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe we are limited to just a single image choice.  :L: 

Correct, Pete.  I think a little variety in the designs makes sense in this situation.  We're looking at multiple apparel items being offered in various colors.  One single design just isn't going to look best on everything.  We're currently working with the old design, trying to establish if we're going to have any trademark issues with it.  The original design will probably be offered in at least two color versions.  And folks on here are getting creative!  So we might just be looking at a new design as well.  We'll take this one step at a time and try to offer a reasonable variety of colors and styles to the membership.  I'm not limited in what I can submit.  Nick (bluenotenick) has been doing the heavy lifting on this so far, trying to tweak designs to work with Amazon's (very specific) format.   

Our first submission to Amazon was a long sleeve T featuring that design (in white) with the "All Jeep Comanche, All The Time!" below it.  We want to see if we can get by with "Comanche" and "Jeep".  If Amazon won't allow it, we'll try a more conservative approach.

Personally, I need shirts with at least one pocket, for my eyeglasses and pens. So I'm not in the market for tee shorts, sweatshirts, or hoodies. If you expand to long-sleeve, button-down oxford type shirts and/or fleece-lined nylon windbreakers, let me know.

On 11/5/2018 at 9:42 PM, amsuco said:

Our first submission to Amazon was a long sleeve T featuring that design (in white) with the "All Jeep Comanche, All The Time!" below it.  We want to see if we can get by with "Comanche" and "Jeep".  If Amazon won't allow it, we'll try a more conservative approach.

Which design are you referring to as "that" design?

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Which design are you referring to as "that" design?

It's just like the club business card, only the Comanche isn't colored in.  It's a white outline, like on the coozie.

Incidentally, Amazon shot down our first attempt yesterday.  I'm going to try and get some specifics from them in regards to what they took issue with, in hopes that our second attempt goes a little better.  I could speculate.  But if they will spell it out, that's much better.  I don't want to change the original design any more than we absolutely have to.

• Pete M pinned this topic