KJ question.....no heat (fixed), now headlight questions

mjeff87

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:37 AM, mjeff87 said:

I've been considering a remote filter, just can't figure out a good spot to mount it.....I'd like it somewhere on the firewall, but just nowhere there available.

I'd never put the oil filter somewhere that makes a mess I have to clean up.  Open underneath is a requirement.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can believe it, the NEW (second one) radiator is now leaking.:brickwall:. Not bad, but it's dripping a few drops a day from the driver side lower corner.  Clamp on the top hose is tight and I can't see any telltale leak signs anywhere above the bottom on that side, so I'm assuming the tank gasket on that side is compromised somewhere.  I'm beyond pissed off.  I did swing by the shop that did the install today after work and was civil enough to have a good conversation with them about it.  They conceded and said just bring it back in and they'll put another new one in it.  Problem is, I finally got the heater core bled out and have good cabin heat and don't really want to open up the system again now that it's cold outside and I actually NEED the heater to work.  I might take it up there this weekend and let them keep it for a day to put another rad in.....it's supposed to be in the upper 50's with a lot of rain.  

Where's the thermostat/water pump housing on the diesel?  On the gasser, it's at the extreme lower left front corner of the block.  The heater core hoses literally run straight vertical up the front of the engine, into the core which is level/slightly above the expansion tank.  It's a gauranteed setup to push air into the core....stooped design.

• 2 weeks later...

Radiator #3 installed yesterday.  Shop said that the lower mount bushings were trashed, causing flex and that's why the last one crapped out.  Okay, yeah, whatever.  They put new bushings and a new radiator, I supplied the G05 coolant, again.  Total charge was $0.00.  Bonus was that the tech actually got the system and heater core bled correctly so I don't have to mess with anything:beerbang: