Comanche noob

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Pete M said:

you win the prize for the dirtiest MJ filter I've ever seen. :crazy: 

:))Yes dirtiest filter ever! including industry machinery  maby PO did a homemade oilbath/dry filter solution:)) or drived true a coal mine oil field every day

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, Kjell said:

The story goes on... 91 block, 7120 head ,HO intake ,Renix exhaust ,Renix TB, HO injektors .Special  Thanks to Cruiser54 for all the info you put out on the Web :L:

I love it! Very clean engine bay!

2 hours ago, Kjell said:

Glad you like it!  some work left with the heating hoses ,broke  the heatvalve and havent replaced it yet :holdwrench:

Oh i have done that before by accident tried to pull hose hard and broken plastic piece of heat valve.:brickwall: lol

1 minute ago, 89 MJ said:

Can you tell if there is a noticeable power difference between the Renix motor and the HO?

The old motor was running on its last breath so its a big differens now , did use the HO head ,intake  and injectors . Trottle body and rest is renix.

The HO motor has more power so i belive its a noticeable difference, can't say for sure whit this hybrid/bastard engin:laugh:

49 minutes ago, MJXJjeepguy said:

Oh i have done that before by accident tried to pull hose hard and broken plastic piece of heat valve.:brickwall: lol

exactly what happend! Don't mess whit tings that works :applause:

2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Can you tell if there is a noticeable power difference between the Renix motor and the HO?

the HOs have a tiny bit more at the top end, but the renix has a tiny bot more at the bottom end.  the engines are more or less the same.  the later fuel injection systems are the big difference, but it's not in felt power, but rather more reliable wiring and 91-95 has OBD1 and 96+ is OBD2 for easier diagnoses.

1 hour ago, RustyRodder said:

Looks great!

What is that cover behind the battery?  Makes the engine bay way cleaner!

Thanks RustyRodder  It's original ...found it under the seat  plastic screws where missing so i found some new that fitted and painted it red , was black and faded..

motor (2).jpg

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

the HOs have a tiny bit more at the top end, but the renix has a tiny bot more at the bottom end.  the engines are more or less the same.  the later fuel injection systems are the big difference, but it's not in felt power, but rather more reliable wiring and 91-95 has OBD1 and 96+ is OBD2 for easier diagnoses.

Great Pete M hope i got more in both ends ...and not less :crossfingers::D.

would like to try the Boch /Volvo injectors 0280155746 but it was to much snow in the junkyard and maybe widener /bore up the renix trottle body..... to be continued.....

5 minutes ago, Pete M said:

better injectors and the bored out TBs are good ways to boost power. :L:  if you haven't seen it yet, there's a guy in the "vendor" section of the classifieds that bores out the renix TBs.

yes i have seen it ,looks great .  Trying to find one more TB so i have one extra to do some work on . no ruch yet tought i brake in the motor before i start experiment:holdwrench:

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, BeaterComanche86 said:

Kjell your MJ is coming along nice, looks real good for being parked since 01. Do you know what the purpose of the cover is behind the battery? Or what it’s even called? I think I wanna look for one of those, it really cleans up the engine bay.

It's the relay cover. Used is your only option. Mine was missing when I got my truck also. Really cleans up that side of the engine compartment.

20 hours ago, BeaterComanche86 said:

Kjell your MJ is coming along nice, looks real good for being parked since 01. Do you know what the purpose of the cover is behind the battery? Or what it’s even called? I think I wanna look for one of those, it really cleans up the engine bay.

Thanks Beater glad you like it ! wouldent be so hard making a cover of a steel or aluminum plate, if you can't find a used one :thumbsup:.

On 4/1/2019 at 7:15 PM, JMO413 said:

It's the relay cover. Used is your only option. Mine was missing when I got my truck also. Really cleans up that side of the engine compartment.

Thanks JMO 

On 4/2/2019 at 3:34 PM, Kjell said:

Thanks Beater glad you like it ! wouldent be so hard making a cover of a steel or aluminum plate, if you can't find a used one :thumbsup:.

That’s not a bad idea, could save a bucks in the process

So finaly found some Volvo/bosch injectors(0280 155 746),ended up snitching them out of a volvo that the guy at the junkyard drove to work with... still warm:))

Installed injectors and scrapped the c101 connector at the same time :banana:

I can't say what made the biggest difference connector or the injectors, 

Maybe I woke up some sensor that fell asleep ,can say it runs great much smoother and better gasresponse :L:

IMG_20190408_175410.jpg

IMG_20190408_175510.jpg