Comanche noob

Hi ya' all  was crusing the ads for a 4 wd ....and found this:comanche: 1988 Comanche Laredo Metric ton 4,0 automatic floor gear .

working on brakes right now to get it streetlegal . Last time it was out on the roads was back in 2001

9201894638ver1.jpg.3cff5960197b6b3d7362d3073e07cb56.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm the white tooper is remowed, before fixing the brakes    " appearance before funktion/safety" 

Very common whit those toppers on pickups and small trailers here in Sweden , especially in the winter  due to wet frozen tools whit rust on them.

I'll keep it in storages takes 5 minutes to put it on when needed

Nice profile pic you got there Bluenotenick "we are Motörhead and we play ROCK N ROLL":jammin:

Rubber , plastic tubes  electrical connections:dry: Pete , had to replace some going over the fuel injection .

looooong hiatus, had to goggle that :laugh: Lazy copy/paste ? 

Usally its the rust thats the big problem around here  ,but looks like it can be saved. Thats before looking under the carpet :crossfingers:

The plan is to keep it running and do a restoration bit by bit.

Great forum/club :thumbsup: you are doing a fantastic job THANKS!

IMG_20181019_151538.jpg

Hi Coolwind   rock n roll and Indy 500 :))   nope, theres no Metric Ton emblem but  a Dealer emblem .

Guess the tax rules roadtax and drivinglicens rules" laws" here in Sweden  is behinde that ,i belive most of the Comanches have a max load off 700-800 kg in registration papers.

This is only a paper product and not what the cars/trucks was built to carry, all types of Comanches got about  the same max load.

Maby theres a bunch of Metric Tons emblems in some old warehouse that the importer company  owned here in Sweden .

The importer also put on some real ugly turnsignasl extra lamps in back of the truck (rules are orange turnsignal if the car is newer then about 1970)

And licens plate is to big so its scratching the tailgate:mad: 

I'll take a pic of it tomorrow

Did get the brake parts i need today att the local carparts shop they had all parts in stock accept the parkingbrake wires  THANK YOU Cherokee :thumbsup: 

33 ℉ in my open blue sky garage need to fix front brakes and get inside before it start snowing:bowdown:

Ok, thats nice  Gjeep . did notice the striping but i belived it was put on the car by some pre owner  not original hmmm striping on the hood is i bad shape  have to consider doing somthing better then removing it then :thumbsup:.      

Did some work whit the brakes today and had to make some new brake lines/pipes  .Had a pair of used Cherokee discs  but they did not fit so the original discs have to run some more miles

Was angry over the gastank/ frame /rear :confused: weelhouse? solution what a dirttrap, have to do something about it  fuelcell? weld in stainless steel?:))

tomorow ill attac the master cylinder looks like it been leaking for some years..

.IMG_20181026_170624.jpg.39bb7adb27e22b7bfee3381022d7162e.jpg

ok ...     kilroy was here before me :)) is this the correctly installed spring ? dident look this way on the other side but i installed like this.:crossfingers:

On 10/26/2018 at 8:02 PM, Kjell said:

This is what the comanche replaces ,are there any left in in USA ?

InkedIMG_20181025_112242_LI.jpg

I had a 82 or 83 Diesel rabbit (car version of the Caddy) a few years ago.  Had a manual transmission.  They're a bit rare here in Indiana USA.  You usually see diesels more than gasoline versions more often.  I also had a VW Vanagon which I had converted to burn used vegetable oil.  Smelled like fried chicken all the time.  

8 hours ago, coolwind57 said:

I had a 82 or 83 Diesel rabbit (car version of the Caddy) a few years ago.  Had a manual transmission.  They're a bit rare here in Indiana USA.  You usually see diesels more than gasoline versions more often.  I also had a VW Vanagon which I had converted to burn used vegetable oil.  Smelled like fried chicken all the time.  

Diesel rabbit .. about 60hk something? White lightning!

I had 4 Rabbits last week one gti -83 two cl -84 -91 and one pick-up -92   horsepower from 75 to 138 all whit gasoline engins , now they are sold to finance the Jeep Comanche adventure

:)) Vanagon  think they called Caravelle here .  fill the tank up at KFC :L: i 

read about someone who drove on vegitable oil here in Sweden worked fine in the summer but in winter they had to have a 20 meter heating cable in the tank :))