3" Lift kit w/o Add a leaf

On 10/6/2018 at 12:51 AM, HOrnbrod said:

Rear: New General Springs metric ton rear springs then when they settle, Teraflex 1" extended rear shackles.

Front : To match the rear, OME 930 coils w. whatever spring pads you might need to equalize. For me a 1/2" stock spring pad was perfect. Plus all your suspension springs F & R are new. Handles/rides great.

Total lift after full settle = ~2.5".

What shocks are you running? Need to get a set to finish my lift.   

My shocks are OME (Old Man Emu) N35L in front (if you can still find them) and OME 60032 in back.

Others that will work FRONT:

OME N35 (firm) or N35C (Comfort) (13.70"-22.36")
OME N39, (13.46 - 22.13)

OME Nitrocharger Sport 60046 Light Load (13.15"- 22.24")

Others that will work REAR:

OME N30 (14.5"-24.3")* (96-05 Nissan Terrano R20)        
OME N40L (15.6"-25.8") (Actually a ZJ shock, bar pin needs to be pressed out)

OME N40, 40C (13.2" - 21.9")
OME N67L, (15.24" - 24.49") Jeep TJ Rear (Same bush as N40L)
OME N95/N96 (14.13"-23.5") (Toyota F60 Land Cruiser) Bushing, M12x1.5 Stud Nut
OME N190 (15.51" - 25.90")

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 6:26 PM, Chief Falling Rock said:

Is there such a thing as a 3 inch lift kit made for Comanches that is not an add a leaf for the rear? I would prefer to just start with a whole new set of leaf springs. 

I'm exactly in the same need of a new complete kit for a 3" lift (Or 4,5" depending on what I can get hold on ) to my Metric long bed 

Since I'm living in Sweden the option to find anything local is zero  so I have to do an private import from your side of the ocean.

But that is  no problem as long as I choose the right kit.

If the choise is between a 4,5" complete kit from rusty or a 3" kit with General springs 5 blade package, what is the + and - between the two?

Price?
Which 3" kit to choose to the GS package to get it complete?

4 hours ago, SuperSwede said:

If the choise is between a 4,5" complete kit from rusty or a 3" kit with General springs 5 blade package, what is the + and - between the two?

That's not a choice. We have a saying among my Jeeping compatriots: "Friends don't let friends buy from Rusty's."

I was involved in the very beginnings of NAXJA when it evolved out of an older Cherokee forum that went defunct when the one guy who had started the forum solicited monetary contributions to "help pay expenses," then took the money and let the forum die. A bunch of us who really missed it anted up a bunch of bucks, and NAXJA was born. Rusty's was around then, starting up either shortly before or shortly after the birth of NAXJA, almost twenty years ago. Some of his stuff was junk, other of his stuff was outright dangerous.

If your choice is a 3-inch lift from a quality manufacturer or a 4-inch lift from Rusty's -- take the 3-inch lift and give thanks to the deity of your choice that you didn't throw money at Rusty's.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I don’t know what kind of leaf springs I ended up getting but they lowered my truck! I guess that’s a risk you take buying used. I had to put an AAL in my new general spring packs just so I could drive around and not look stupid with the @$$ end sagging! Going to order NEW Rusty’s or hell creek 4.5” springs in the near future along with CAD brackets and RE 4.5” coils so I can get rid of the .75” spacer up front. I swear I’ve never lifted a truck this many times because I just can’t get it right!

B9117FB9-7A1A-41A0-B326-0991E0FF7DB2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...