Members, Cab Corners, Rockers PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPONDING

saveevryjp1998

How many members are there currently on the club? Are registered? Interested in reaching out to Key parts online? I have been looking at some of what they carry. The production numbers of some parts they sell to the few of the total run of Comanches leaves room for open discussion. They are reaching out currently, but think there is no market. All we have to do is prove otherwise and they are willing to start with cab corners. A few people, myself included, are pushing the discussion.  I implore you to please do the same. Just proof of the size of this forum should be a smack in their face. If anyone can help with that part it would be very helpful. Please stop telling us you want them. Everyone here knows this. The point is for members to call and email "John" at Key Parts. You posting on here does absolutely nothing. He wants to hear our needs specifically and the more people that reach out to him, the greater the chances of this happening.

I just reached out to "John" at key parts. He was nice and took time out of his day to open up the discussion further. I'm pushing hard for a start with cab corners and rockers. Please reach out to keypartsonline.com and mention your needs for the specific Jeep Comanche MJ. The communication channel is wide open they are asking us to reach out and prove there is an actual demand with having such low production numbers initially. Remember fellas, this is a business that needs to see a potential to make a profit. 

You're beating a dead horse.

The last thing I need are cab corners and Rockers mine are pristine.

Could I be convinced to invest $150 for two rockers and cab corners? Absolutely because I could double my money in two years when none exist.

The problem that I have with Jeep members is it when these opportunities come up people are pretty much self-centered they're not interested. Those who produced Parts know there is no Market in the Jeep community for reproduction parts that's why none exist.

I think MJ tail lights are butt ugly I don't like them I don't want them but if you could get 50 other guys together and each pitch in two hundred bucks we could probably get them produced for guys who do want them.

You got two problems one is a lack of unity and the other is a lot of these guys run trail beaters and rust buckets and they don't care they're going to destroy they have anyway.

You're on your own bud.

If I was "self-centered" along with majority of people on here. I would not be willing to give back to the great club that has helped me soo much nor would I have spent time today tracking down a contact at Key Parts, been persistent in the "persuit", and then gone and created the post here. I do not believe this forum to be self-centered but the exact opposite. The proof is in the pudding. For those of you who do not understand or see this every time you log on, take a moment to reflect. There are members helping each other at any given moment of time and a group of administrators that go above and beyond keeping this a free site and add free. 

33 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

If I was "self-centered" along with majority of people on here. I would not be willing to give back to the great club that has helped me soo much nor would I have spent time today tracking down a contact at Key Parts, been persistent in the "persuit", and then gone and created the post here. I do not believe this forum to be self-centered but the exact opposite. The proof is in the pudding. For those of you who do not understand or see this every time you log on, take a moment to reflect. There are members helping each other at any given moment of time and a group of administrators that go above and beyond keeping this a free site and add free. 

If you want to get product to market............$10K, and that's just a start. 

$10k and people will begin to take you seriously. 

As I said, 50 Jeep owners pledging/paying $200 each will get you to $10K. 

Let's see who gets off their @$$. 

I'm the first pledge. 

I'll pay $200 for initial investment for tail lights, I'm willing to pay $100 for a first-run pair. 

$300 for something I don't even want. (Although they could be vastly improved using today's manufacturing tech)

I'm one member, and I currently own three Comanches. One of them needs a cab corner, but if the price isn't exhorbitant I would buy a pair (a) just to get the product into production, and (b) because it can't hurt to have the other side available for when (not if) I'll need it.

By the way, part of my conversation to "John" was how much would it take for me to invest to be your sole distributor for Comanche products. I alone was willing to put forth the money to make it happen knowing darn well I might not ever see half of it back and prove to him the risk was worth it to me. I have 6 mjs now. I probably have crunched around 10 due to rust repair. If true replacement parts were available, none would have ever left my hands and 20 more would be under my ownership. $10,000 I'm willing to bet on myself to give this a try which is squat compared to the time spent to form the panels on say 15 mjs. On top of it the rusty turds at $300 a pop would be quick mortgage payments for me after I fix em and flip em. I could literally quit work for a year, buy a welder, and build mjs with what I have here to pay my bills. For every 5 guys on the internent saying that mj isnt worth that I wouldn't pay that. There are 10 in line behind each one of those guys that are willing. I have watched it happen over and over for 10+years and it will only continue at a higher demand. Basic economic supply curve. Demand will grow as supply is limited. That formula is true for everything to man.

10 hours ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

By the way, part of my conversation to "John" was how much would it take for me to invest to be your sole distributor for Comanche products. I alone was willing to put forth the money to make it happen knowing darn well I might not ever see half of it back and prove to him the risk was worth it to me. I have 6 mjs now. I probably have crunched around 10 due to rust repair. If true replacement parts were available, none would have ever left my hands and 20 more would be under my ownership. $10,000 I'm willing to bet on myself to give this a try which is squat compared to the time spent to form the panels on say 15 mjs. On top of it the rusty turds at $300 a pop would be quick mortgage payments for me after I fix em and flip em. I could literally quit work for a year, buy a welder, and build mjs with what I have here to pay my bills. For every 5 guys on the internent saying that mj isnt worth that I wouldn't pay that. There are 10 in line behind each one of those guys that are willing. I have watched it happen over and over for 10+years and it will only continue at a higher demand. Basic economic supply curve. Demand will grow as supply is limited. That formula is true for everything to man.

Problem with your idea is that you can't legally "fix and flip" vehicles without a dealers licence, even then the "fix and flip" thing falls into a legal gray area with vehicles.  A few a year isnt going to cause any red flags but those few aren't going to pay your bills.  There is a limit to how many cars you can legally sell per calander year before you need that license and it's super expensive and you have to meet a bunch of strict qualifications.  I looked into it because I had a similar idea a couple years ago and quickly realized without investing into making it a true full time business venture and spending tons of money to get it off the ground (way more than $10k), it wasn't gonna happen. 

You can buy as many as you want to tho. 

It really isn't about the money, but there is more than 1 way to skin a cat when it comes to selling a car. This is really about getting parts to save Comanches made. The only way for places like Key Parts to start considering investing in something like this is to give them the feedback they are asking for. They want to hear from individual Comanche owners period. That is it. Call them. Tell them what you would like to see made. The channel is open, wheels are starting to turn. People need to simply get up off their butt and make the call. " John" is the guy to ask to speak with. Use multiple channels. He currently reached out on facebook. Its frustrating to see these people on there acting like clowns and complaining that there are no options. There may be if they would just take the time to reach out. The initial investment by the way for the equipment to make a cab corner alone at "his standards" was to start "14,000". He said it may be possible to do both with that but it could create problems down the road and they really try not to. This of course is not including actual production overhead. This kind of thing takes time. If people gave the feedback needed for him to consider a run, would not happen for a while. 

$50,000 investment say to make a batch of cab corners both sides. $100 per side. 50,000÷100=500 needed to sell to break even. Now tell me there isnt 500 cab corners need! I would buy 12 myself just for what is currently sitting here and not the shelf. Now you know why I'm willing to put forth money as an investor/sole distributor. This is very feasible and realistic. Get up and make the call, give the feedback. I did a quick check just now of people who have actually taken the time to register their mj on the topic here. Around a 100, I have not done this, how many of you have not as well? This is very possible we need to show the demand.

2 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

$50,000 investment say to make a batch of cab corners both sides. $100 per side. 50,000÷100=500 needed to sell to break even. Now tell me there isnt 500 cab corners need! I would buy 12 myself just for what is currently sitting here and not the shelf. Now you know why I'm willing to put forth money as an investor/sole distributor. This is very feasible and realistic. Get up and make the call, give the feedback. I did a quick check just now of people who have actually taken the time to register their mj on the topic here. Around a 100, I have not done this, how many of you have not as well? This is very possible we need to show the demand.

There isn't enough.

There, I told you. 

That's why I suggested tail lights, everyone needs tail lights. 

14 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

If you want to get product to market............$10K, and that's just a start. 

$10k and people will begin to take you seriously. 

As I said, 50 Jeep owners pledging/paying $200 each will get you to $10K. 

Let's see who gets off their @$$. 

I'm the first pledge. 

I'll pay $200 for initial investment for tail lights, I'm willing to pay $100 for a first-run pair. 

$300 for something I don't even want. (Although they could be vastly improved using today's manufacturing tech)

Well, your willing to pay $300 for what you don't want($150 a piece). 50,000÷150=333 to break even. So thats even closer. Which maybe I should start a topic on "What would you pay for repoped cab corners?" I do have some tail lights on here for $150 by the way.

Rockers at least one set.  Maybe two. 

The demand will never be there to get this to happen in any profitable fashion by a shop doing larger runs.  You'd be better off working out a deal with Scar-Fab to have a smaller run made.  An MJ enthusiast like Krusty would probably work out the pricing on a run based on the cost of the equipment needed to gear up for the job.  Start ups and smaller shops like his will generally work with you.  I'm not sure what type of equipment is needed to manufacture the parts you're looking for, though.  Could be costly.