krustyballer16

Scar-Fab frame stiffeners!

Probably one of those dumb questions, but do you have a guesstimate at weights?

I don't really see myself needing stiffeners for my planned use, but the chassis I'm building has over 300,000 miles on it so I'm open to the possibility of it not being at 100% original rigidity, but I also don't want to eat into payload ratings too much if I don't need to. 

That's actually not bad at all, I was expecting more than that.

I've been thinking a little more about weight recently after realizing my square tube rockers weigh about 75 lbs per side. 70 lbs here and there adds up in a hurry, and a guy starts wondering how solid his truck really needs to be. I've really been enjoying how light and nimble my 2wd 2.5 is in contrast to heavier trucks, or even my ZJ, but the bed's full of snow after this weekend's storm and the performance difference is very noticeable. 

This was the only useable piece from the first prototype set.

It's close but some stuff is about ⅜" off. As you can see in the 2nd and last pics.
I have a 2nd one that got a little messed up when they formed it so I'll use it on one of my jeeps.

I'm gonna offer this one for sale at a discounted price of $80 shipped.

After looking at others' prices, I think I'll price mine at $75 plus shipping.

This is the 10ga version I believe. I didnt think to pay attention to that when I took pics...0cecaa9dbd8a5d7629813c0e6c8b43ec.jpg5a9950ff926428ff79186da22f18a369.jpg8c79e0b12c20ede2c7ca25e1f88832b7.jpge8bba0ea6b6393daa40da613e28d0c6c.jpg4fca89e21c999a3ec2a3e379a7d93f0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I'm still waiting on the damn engineer to send the kits to the lasers to get quoted and then a 2nd round of prototypes cut out. Frustrating as hell!

I ordered the 2nd sets of prototypes today from the laser! Should get them cut, broke and test fitted in the next few weeks. Hopefully

5 hours ago, krustyballer16 said:

I ordered the 2nd sets of prototypes today from the laser! Should get them cut, broke and test fitted in the next few weeks. Hopefully

If it works out would there be any interest in selling the plans? Could probably save myself some time etc cutting them on the laser at my work etc. 

Da you have a way to test these?

I don’t do a lot of trail riding, but I do a lot of on road stuff. 

I have a swb and lwb truck I fit them on and clamp them down and make sure all the holes line up and that the bends are correct.