KJ in limp mode. (aka: who wants to come on by for an automotive bonfire?)

Pete M

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is a possible next step. :L:    I just need time to swing by a junkyard and grab a 3.7L fuel pump assembly and rear wire harness.  but I'm out of town all next week and so I think the Jeep will just have to sit in the corner for a time-out and think about what's it's done.  :nono:

PCM under the battery tray in good condition (I think that's where it lives on a CRD)?

Other than that, I'm stumped.  Something is pulling that code which is putting you into limp mode......

Starting to like the bonfire idea :laugh:

yeah, I'm going to have to trace that wire from start to finish.  not looking forward to it. :(  but I've got a week in Disney World between now and then so I'll get by in the meantime... somehow.  :D  

the CRDs all came with Optima red tops, so leaks probably weren't much of a concern.  or maybe that's why they came with the red tops because they had already decided to put electronics under there.  :thinking:

Holy carp.....when are you going to Disney?  My wife just surprised me with a trip there, for the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot.  We're leaving here next Sunday (the 7th)and will be there thru Wednesday.  We meet up, I'll buy you one of their $750 beers, LOL.

Oh, and just an FYI, the new winshield that Safelite just put in my KJ is leaking....came out of work yesterday, got in and the passenger side sun visor was soaking wet.:fistshake1:  It's not the actual winsheild that's leaking though, it dripping from the little clip/holder thingy that holds the left side of the visor onto the headboard.  I don't have a sunroof, so I'm guessing the nitwit who put the glass in didn't get the upper glass gasket in quite right and rainwater is getting in above it, running up the roof line and finding that little screw hole.  At least that's what I HOPE is wrong.

Either way,  they'll be back at my house at 0800 to figure out what they screwed up.

Nope.  This is my first time to Disney in fact.  My wife has been there a couple times, but not for the food and wine.  She booked everything and I didn't have a clue until the wrist bands showed up in the mailbox a couple weeks ago:laugh:

research, research, research.  Disney is not a place to just show up without at least a hint of a game plan.  there is practically infinite choice of what to do next.  there should be menus online of what all is available at the various booths at F+W so you can see ahead of time where you want to go and try things.  oh, and some of the booths have a second line so make sure you take a look to see if there is an empty line on the other side.  

and get your fastpasses asap!  :L: