Picaro......Sigh of relief

the fuel pump ground to the taillight ground.  make sure it's connected (or take this opportunity to add in a new ground closer to the fuel pump)

you should probably put the diagram request in the Tech forum so more eyes will see it.  I'm sure someone has something. :L: 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Got my fuel tank brackets done. I used the stock MJ tank straps and, cut new holes in the frame to match the new rails. TJ tank with XJ pump. Tank is out to have the fuel filler neck moved to the side to match the fuel door on the bed.

7910E73D-AC45-4E6F-884A-109E113FD393.jpeg

5C44DA54-6C24-49A2-9682-F783306AC2E0.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Pete M said:

love it!  when you're done, can you put together a DIY thread?  lots of guys are looking for fuel pump/tank alternatives. :L: 

We’ll see if my tank mod works but, I suppose I can. I hate being tasked ..... 😜

• 2 weeks later...

got the tank in, fuel pump harness extended, fuel line bent up and in. I didn’t like the fact that there isn’t a fuel filter inline on the late model so, I am using the old renix inline filter also. I am really happy that the tank mod turned out exactly like I wanted. will hopefully get the charcoal canister in this weekend but, I’m taking today off for some rock crawling. 

313ABAF7-51E9-40BB-99FE-776C05F9D3B8.jpeg

Got the interior trim painted and, have everything installed except the headliner which I haven’t re-covered yet. I love the way it turned out. I took it out for a drive and got P0171 code so, I ordered new O2 sensors. Hopefully that’s all it is.

BCF7EF4D-6773-426C-90EF-EB69B1E8821E.jpeg

2B0D18D0-4739-4889-856D-5E97CF2871B3.jpeg

11 hours ago, Pete M said:

can you feel the engine more than before?

Oh yeah. At first I was thinking that the O2 sensor didn't fix my lean condition and, it was still running rough. But those mounts transfer all the engine vibes to the frame. I was concerned about that when I bought them. It's really only noticable at a stop and in gear.

Drove it to work all week(66 miles round trip) and no issues there. Had an airbag light and horn hasn't worked since I got the Cherokee prior to the swap. New clockspring fixed those issues. I'm pretty pleased so far. Now, if the weather would change for the better maybe I could start on some body work......