• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2018 at 8:02 AM, Manche757 said:

IDMJ, the floor does look surprisingly good.  There must not have been leaks around the windshield.  The screws and rubber and metal plate look new. Was a round boot the original shape?  Think a po had changed that?

I installed that boot when I did the 2wd to 4wd swap and put in an NV3550.

4 hours ago, Manche757 said:

The rust on the floor is active but doesn't look structural.  Mind taking a few pics and explaining how you will arrest it before priming painting?

I will use a flapper wheel and sand them bare. Then a couple coats of zero rust. It is a converter like por15. I've had real good luck with that in the past.

So, I’m getting ready to start on another shop so I actually have room to work around here. That means the swap will slow down for a while. I’ll pick at it when I can. I did score an awesome deal on some 35” STT pro’s so I treated it to new wheels too.

F57A1323-B858-4612-BE67-858AF8279E23.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven’t posted in a while. Slowly moving forward. Completely gutted it and moved all the appropriate holes around on the firewall. Got the heater box test fit and the upper dash mounts in. Dash fits great. 

6A3FF0E5-8C03-44F2-AD38-9C39F55E6E86.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

it'll be a stunner for sure :L: 

what's the story on the Willys?  you need to do some build threads on your other rides too :D 

It's a 63 with 50k original miles. Found it sitting in a field 15 years ago. Had a dealer installed Chevy 327. It now has a Nova subframe and was getting setup for an lt1 but, plans have changed again.i have a 12 valve Cummins and nv4500 for it.....

• 2 weeks later...

Made some more headway the last couple weeks. Stripped the floor pans and got them coated. Let it set a week and started assembly. Put new heater core and a/c evaporator in before installing the heater box. Installed the dash and, steering column, main wire harness, brake booster/master.

0FE91D2E-A35C-4FAB-8129-1A155CC7C27E.jpeg

257C7AEA-8F37-483D-9610-190E0004F4F2.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, after the last month I think I'm about ready to push this project off a cliff. Spent 3 weeks chasing a " no bus" issue. Stupid airbag control module ground. 😈

Before I started this swap I made sure all systems worked and I had no cel's. Now, my horn, power windows, door locks and, turn signals don't work. My brake light switch now sits about 1/8" away from the pedal assembly and, I don't see any adjustment. Also, fuel pumps not running but, gas gauge works....... Does anyone have a diagram that shows what the connectors that plug into the fuse panel go to?