GLXJ FALL CRAWL - October 27th/28th @ Badlands

fallcrawl.jpg

GLXJ is hosting it's 2nd Annual FALL CRAWL on Satruday October 27th and Sunday October 28th at Badlands Offroad Park in Attica Indiana.

ALL JEEPS ARE WELCOME!!!

Admission to Badlands Offroad Park for the 2 day event is $30 per person; or $20 for just 1 day. They just changed their hours; on Saturday you can now ride until 7:00PM, and then on Sunday you can ride until 7:00PM. You can visit their website at http://www.badlandsoffroad.com for more information on the park.

Flags ARE required; and can be purchased at the gate/office for $10. Also PLEASE have some sort of recovery (either front tow hooks, or rear hitch). Also please bring a tow strap (no hooks, looped both ends).

For those staying both days (or don't want to drive home Sat. night) we will be camping at the campground by the entrance to the park. If you are planning on camping please let me know as I am going to try to reserve enough spots for everyone prior.

If you plan on attending please let me know for sure so I can get a head count. I will also note that this is open to GLXJ supporting members as well as non-supporting members. However there will be several giveaways at this event of items for supporting members only. The giveaways are well worth your member fees. Additionally, ANY JEEP's ARE ALLOWED TO WHEEL WITH US (even if not a XJ or MJ).

We plan on meeting at the gate/staging area at 10:00AM. We meet at the bottom of the hill in the parking lot across from the pond.

This event is made possible by our sponsors. Be sure to check them out 1st if your looking for a new product or service. You can visit our list of sponsors at http://www.greatlakesxj.com/links.html

You can see more info on this event by clicking here: http://greatlakesxj.activeboard.com/index.spark?forumID=43793&p=3&topicID=13165976

Hope to see you there!

Adam Hanson

GLXJ President

Well if I still didn't have a job you could have counted me in, but now that I have one I can't make it. Plus I only have the one Jeep anymore and she isn't aloud to play on rocks anymore, just mud.

So I just want to tell everyone to have fun, I know I did last time I was there. I still have the sticker on the 91.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
if I don't work...I may head down in the cherokee. BUT it's too low to wheel, so was wondering if I could ride-along? or are there spots to go through that aren't too low?

You should be ok even stock to be honest with you. If a KJ at 2" and 31's can stay with us when we were doing some "hard" stuff, you'd be fine with a stock XJ. The majority of the stuff we run you can "go around" the hard stuff if you want anyways.

I won't personally have an extra seat, but I'm sure someone would. We can definatlly get you a seat somewhere if you came and didn't want to wheel your own rig (probably even in a MJ if your nice).

if I don't work...I may head down in the cherokee. BUT it's too low to wheel, so was wondering if I could ride-along? or are there spots to go through that aren't too low?

You should be ok even stock to be honest with you. If a KJ at 2" and 31's can stay with us when we were doing some "hard" stuff, you'd be fine with a stock XJ. The majority of the stuff we run you can "go around" the hard stuff if you want anyways.

I won't personally have an extra seat, but I'm sure someone would. We can definatlly get you a seat somewhere if you came and didn't want to wheel your own rig (probably even in a MJ if your nice).

The KJ kicked my @$$ on the trails. :oops:

Pat, you know who you can follow down to. I don't have an extra seat, unless you want to ride in the bed. :D I hope you come down with us.

Pat, you know who you can follow down to. I don't have an extra seat, unless you want to ride in the bed. :D I hope you come down with us.

when are you leaving? and where are we stayin at then? camping? :D I can sleep in the xj, gotta love that!

not sure when we are leaving yet. either Friday around noon or Saturday at around 4am. gotta get through that Chicago :mad: traffic.

staying at the campground at the entrance.

you should really come with.

well, if the xj is up and running etc. I should be able to....but I gotta take her around and make sure she'll be OK to drive that far

and I'll prolly be takin the xj offroad then too, but I won't be doing anything serious...she's too low for that, and too untested