Outstanding 1991 Eliminator on Ebay (not mine)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank U for the link.

$12,000,000 is outrageous, but if it was truly a 1992 Eliminator with a perfect drive train and interior it might be worth between $5,000-$6,000 range.

$12,000,000 is outrageous! He's asking twelve-thousand, not twelve-million, you got carried away on your zeros.

Well found out some info on this beautiful 92 Eliminator :(

Truck spent first 10 years & 70K miles of it's life in rust belt of IL.

Carfax appears to show salvage title...twice. :hmm:

The last time sold, truck was bought from Collins Brother Jeep in 2004, check out the tire covers on the Wranglers.

So story I hear is that truck was stolen and gone month, when CB got it back the transfer case and bunch of other stuff was busted and damage to rocker guards...hence the black paint on them. Drive it like you stole it.

Funny thing is I want a RED 91-92 Eliminator so bad that I still want the truck. :help:

I would relate this to knowing your GF used to be a fine hooker :drool: and still wanting to marry her. :brows:

Dang ... do I ever have the Jeep disease bad. :clapping:

I would gladly pay the asking price if truck didn't have such history.

Very interesting the info you found out about this '91....... :brows:

So......loaded with that information, a call to the seller (dealer) might be in order, and make an offer that you want to pay for this "rare" '91 and see what the outcome would be.

Of course, you could always direct the seller (dealer) over here, and let him know that about 3 thousand+ others also now know this same information :roll:

As far as the "repairs" that have been done, and the discrepancy in the odometer reading, that would be your choice if you want to have something with that history tag on to it :dunno:

This thread got confusing as there are 2 Comanche's discussed.

I revived this thread, my first post, hoping to find information or ultimately the owner of a Red 91 or 92 Comanche for my collection.

:redX:

anyway, sure enough this 92 popped up on Craigslist ( I usually never check there, only eBay ) and member posted in this thread which I had subscribed.

I did notify the owner about this Club and the thread discussing the truck.

The owner, I think bought the truck on appearance alone. When U pay top dollar at Collins Brothers, U would think getting cream of crop.

Claims not to know anything about the truck other than just spent 2,000 on front end work.

I know people at CB as I have traded NOS CJ parts with them for 15 years.

They said the Comanche was stolen, gone for month & trashed when got it back.

But....not wrecked.

What I don't know is why there appears to be a salvage title before CB purchased?

Maybe the georgous truck was "only" stolen?

But the chrome front bumper & grill gives clue to possible frontal collision.

Still after thinking about history... I want the truck...IF it wasn't previously wrecked.

I plan on the 4.6 with supercharger (gotta beat Chevy Typoon) and a long arm with D44's...so not concerned about what damage the thief did to mechanicals.

I've only been looking for a 91-92 Eliminator for year and half.

This 92 is first REALLY nice one that I've seen.

I've been told by several members to be patient, that there are quite a few out there.

YES! Cool the jets! You are more excited than a hungry baby in a booby bar... Be patient grasshopper. A better one will come along.

Rob L. ;)

Yep... I get pretty worked up when I think I've found a Jeep worthy of being a new mistress.

Here's my main squeeze:

Just so ya'll will no I'm not bull chitin' about my quest for Comanche. :chillin:

Talked to Dennis Collins at length today about the Eliminator.

He has actually had a black & 2 Red 92 Eliminators. jamminz.gif

Even with all the Jeeps he has run thru his business, he remembers this Comanche.

He remembers buying it with Salvage title. It was in frontal collision and the PO had already repaired the damage.

Second salvage was the theft.

So knowing the truck was definately wrecked, I've lost alot of enthusiam for the truck.

Too much going on in front with frame crossmemeber tying into the uni-body.

Also from the carfax, truck appears to not of been registered for few years.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
On 8/10/2009 at 4:27 PM, Red Mistress said:

Reviving this thread.

Looking to add this truck (or exteremely nice 89-92 Red 4x4) to my Red Jeep collection.

Anyone remember who bought it? Member here?

Folklore says that when it didn't meet reserve the car dealer sold it for 10K.

The origional owner worked for Jeep in Toledo, OH.

Reviving thread once again, after 10 years of off & on looking...... finally found my dream Comanche 91 Eliminator.

Truck has 83,000 miles been poorly repainted, but no rust and no accidents.  Plan is to do concourse restoration.  I'll start a build thread soon.

IMG_5451_zpse3wvhqwv.jpg

On 12/22/2009 at 8:11 PM, Automan2164 said:

YES! Cool the jets! You are more excited than a hungry baby in a booby bar... Be patient grasshopper. A better one will come along.

Rob L. ;)

Guess Rob was right. 

16 hours ago, Red Mistress said:

Plan is to do concourse restoration.

This I'll be waiting for. 

And not to get all Frenchy-french on you but it's concours, as in Concours d'Elegance. 

And, where'd all these people go? faded away I suppose.