Outstanding 1991 Eliminator on Ebay (not mine)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infinity-billion dollars. :D It'd be worth more. but it's red. :laughin:

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of red but I like the truck.

I have already bid $5000 on the truck and the reserve still isn't met. :eek:

I can have the Hemi put in mine and all the body work done for around $7000-$8000.

How much do you guy's think this truck is worth?

I saw a 1987 go for $5,700. I bet they want in the 7 or 8 range. After I sold my wrangler I had $10,000 burning a hole in my wallet. For that truck if I had the money to do it all over I would offer about $6,000 at most and save the rest for a new engine, tcase or whatever else the truck might need. I seem to remember a member that found a way to figure out the reserve amount.

John, you know you can find a MJ in better5 condition for 3-4 g's tops, right?

I know they can be had, you just have to look elsewhere, eBay is like the plague for paying too much, even if it is in good shape.

If you want, I can assist in the search for much cheaper ones in great shape.

I don't want to see you burn too much on a rig, and not have enough to mod it, or your other rigs!

I know they can be had, you just have to look elsewhere, eBay is like the plague for paying too much, even if it is in good shape.

I don't want to see you burn too much on a rig, and not have enough to mod it, or your other rigs!

Linky please! If an MJ like that can be had for $3-4K send me the link as I think I might be able to convince my wife to let me buy it.

I need to find the website, but it searches the vast coverage areas of craigslist and stuff, not just around your town.

I'm not saying ebay can't get you the truck cheap, but its sort of too many people use ebay now that deals arent what they used to be. Also, try places such as ubid.com and other big, but lesser used auction sites. Also, Auto Trader, Swap Sheet, and other online/print media can get gems for you.

Hook me up! I want a 91 or 92 eliminator 4x4!

I would pay $5500 for this truck, but I think the reserve is alot higher than that.

She sure is pretty!

f756_12.JPG

0da5_12.JPG

2abd_12.JPG

156f_12.JPG

She is pretty, I dropped a bid on her too. I have a rust free 89 in the garage so my motivation is a bit lower than some. It is a nice truck, and worth a bit. Despite what people say, a clean MJ is a getting very hard to find. I paid 3k for mine......and have her stripped down, plan on replacing tons of parts. Mostly its personal preference stuff, like the pwr options and so forth. But I paid that amount for a rust free truck that I will do many mods too.

A truck like this one listed on ebay is worth every bit of 5k. If you don't think so, its because you can't afford it. If you want a clean MJ, buck up, if you want a rusted project, they can be had for cheap.

I don't ever think I have seen an MJ on ebay go for more than the $5700, and this one was an 87 with less than 12,000 miles and still had the cosmoline on the door jams. It is doubtful to me that someone on ebay would pay more than $6,000 for this truck based on the history. If this guys reserve is more than $6,000 or no one wins the auction, you might try emailing him and making a polite offer and see where it goes. The most expensive stocker I found in my search for an MJ was a black Eliminator like mine and the guy wanted $10,000. It sat for a long long time until the add finally disappeared.

I think that truck is worth to me $5-$6K, and for my taste when you start getting higher than that I like to see new motor, tcase, new transmission, new paint, new interior ETC. It would be awful to buy such a truck for $8 to $10K and then have to throw a clutch/transmission or other big ticket items into it.

I need to find the website, but it searches the vast coverage areas of craigslist and stuff, not just around your town.

I'm not saying ebay can't get you the truck cheap, but its sort of too many people use ebay now that deals arent what they used to be. Also, try places such as ubid.com and other big, but lesser used auction sites. Also, Auto Trader, Swap Sheet, and other online/print media can get gems for you.

Cut and paste the string below in google and you'll get all that are listed on craigslist. Change the word or phrase in the quotations to find what ever your looking for.

"comanche" site:craigslist.org

It is a nice MJ but I figure you could get a clean one and make it that nice with less cash.

:cheers:

The site you are talking about is:

http://crazedlist.org/

Get Firefox and use the add on specified on the Crazedlist site. Lets you search all over the country or all over the rest of the world.

Works best with Firefox.

John Jackson

So which bidder are you? I don't know who to root for. :D

I'm bidder # 8. :D

I have a bid in for over $7,000 and the reserve is still not met. I'm done, I've regained my common sense. If I put seven grand into my truck, I'll have a show truck way nicer than this one.

Jon,

I think that $7000 isn't unreasonable, it's a great truck and I have used most of the tools proposed here in the search for my truck two years ago with no success. I'll say it again if someone can find an equal or better truck for less using these tools post up the link! It isn't likely that anyone will give this guy his reserve so after the auction I would email him with my best offer and leave it with that.

Good Luck! :cheers: