SOLD

saveevryjp1998

I don't understand how people have been misinformed on this here. The difference in axle tube wall thickness between mj 35 and 44 is practically nothing. They use the same mounts Ive pulled more of these off than the later style. In fact I think it was a simple engineering change from 90 to 91 with the h.o. If you study the difference side by side there would be less work in the bends/manufacturing of the h.o. style which I call it that because they are on all h.o.s I've owned 35 or 44 and on all h.o.s either looked at to buy or pull parts from. The difference in mounts are really renix or h.o. I will gladly take pics and measurements to prove otherwise. I should have proofread this. Not wall thickness that is a difference along with axle shaft size/spline count but outer tube diameter is minimum diffecount.

By the way, Goose_XJ88, I was not trying to sound harsh to your post. Sorry if it came off that way. I am very frustrated by how some members on here which I believe know good and well better are misinforming people of this just to sell those perches easier for more money. There are aftermarket options for these as well. I think there are certain topics on here with very little chatter on them believe it or not this may be one of the few left and those people know it taking advantage of it.  Over the years this club has helped me out drastically in many ways and I have meet some amazing people in my travels and I'm very thankful for that. I have started to see a very clear trend now that I have become a little more tech savvy, willing to "participate more on the grid". It is very clear to me certain members, the clicks, and how it functions between here and facebook with the different screen names and multiple accounts. People your dumb. We all research for mj parts, its no different than hunting an animal, if I can spend the time and smart enough to find a rare mj part I do my research on the web on you.

The factory u-bolts are different lengths depending on the rear springs they are used with. The u-bolts used with the "heavy duty" leaf springs (MT 3+2 leafs) are longer than those used with the "standard duty" leaf springs (3+1 leaf). Also the reinforcement plates used with Renix models have different part numbers when used with "standard duty" and "heavy duty" springs. What that difference is I don't know.  

Either way people have been misinforming members of the h.o. as being for 44. There are some perch plates from renix ive seen where the u or hump is solid in the center as in not just bent, but a solid plate. I know there were a couple companies for awhile making these aftermarket at sometime or at least 1 company did. I still have found 44 axles on mjs with all versions as well as the 35s except for a 35 with the renix style shock perch with a solid lower plate if that helps. As of bolts between a 5 leaf and a 4 no clue but would assume it would be longer but again that has nothing to do with the shock perches being specifically 44 or 35 but rather ubolts for 4 vs. 5 leaf pack. This has mislead people on the shock perches many times in the past. Is there a difference for part #s for swb vs. lwb 35 or 44? Does the shocks mount in different positions on a lwb axle vs. a swb? I believe they do but have no clue about part numbers. I learn from trial and error, books, magazines, practicing at a junkyard. I have 0 formal training or background. Came out of necessity to keep a car/roof over my head.

On 7/3/2018 at 7:02 PM, saveevryjp1998 said:

Is there a difference for part #s for swb vs. lwb 35 or 44? Does the shocks mount in different positions on a lwb axle vs. a swb? I believe they do but have no clue about part numbers.

1.  Is there a difference for part #s for swb vs. lwb 35 or 44?  No

2.  Does (do) the shocks mount in different positions on a lwb axle vs. a swb? Yes. The shock mount spring plates (R & L) are on opposite sides between the LWB and SWB due to the different R & L shock mounting positions. But the part numbers are the same respectively for both plates. The plate design was also changed in 1990.

1087154761_SpringPlates.jpg.188d091bd1d9c0c6d84b1f173ae9e18f.jpg

Thank you for your hard work to find that info to clarify for all members. Hopefully this makes it harder for someone to take advantage of people or misinform them. Guys these are free just pay the shipping or they are getting crunched.

I have no clue. I will try and get 1by Saturday and see. A couple of each are spoken for but a ton left still. I will eventually end up with probably 3 to 5 more depending on what direction and how/if I evet get back to my builds. Work is busy and I'm spending all my free time digging through this stuff. A bunch of its going to go.

Archived