Bored throttle bodies

Hello y’all. I think I never mentioned it here but I have been boring out throttle bodies (91 and up) for years. To remove the bottle neck at the bottom of the throttle body (60mm).

Last night I successfully made a jig to hold the throttle body so I can bore all way through to 62mm. With the new butter fly plate on.

$80 shipped for the 60mm throttle body (core fee of $20 included).

$120 shipped for the 62mm throttle body (core return of $20 included).

i will start taking orders when the first batch of butterfly plates arrive and they all measure & match up to the prototype I have. 

I havent started doing renix TBs yet because I don’t have a core to play around with. 

• 2 weeks later...

I grab every throttle body I find so I have probably eight spares at least and know where to get five or so more.
We can definitely work out some credit for cores type deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TheDude said:

I grab every throttle body I find so I have probably eight spares at least and know where to get five or so more.
We can definitely work out some credit for cores type deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That can happen. 

So I bored it to slightly over 60mm and I guess the wall is too thin.

Maybe it’s slightly off center   I ll investigate.

i managed to finish boring and then grind out the slot on the shaft to accept the bigger plate.

ya know those 91+ TBs I have been boring out? The OEM butterfly plates from those fit perfectly.

Maybe I should tone it down and bore out to 59.5mm instead and then sand the butterfly plate round the edge.

F0D68644-C0E1-4C31-B419-B09F5D25F300.jpeg

1A16AF6E-7508-4D3A-B18A-675AD2BD5B3F.jpeg

BBA25D48-9CE8-4370-A952-66994DAA1DB8.jpeg

• Pete M locked this topic