looking for your Comanche literature

we're looking for any and all literature referencing the MJ!  Got an old magazine article?  dealership brochure?  scan or snap a decent pic and bring it here! 

But because our software shrinks it down and that might make some articles hard to read, if you could send a fullsize copy to comancheclub@hotmail.com that'll give us a big file size to play with later in a larger format.  

I'll start with my south american dealership fold out brochure/poster:

cover:

389906042.jpg

specs side:

389906047.jpg

poster side:

389906048.jpg

I have:

1987 Jeep Trucks brochure with both Comanche and J10/J20

1988 Jeep Comanche brochure

1991 "The Jeep Book" with all models of that year - I think this one is in an attic or closet at home, I'd have to look for it

I can get scans of these next weekend if nobody else has them already.

Sorry about the photo quality but these are from the '86 accessories brochure which covers all Jeeps of that year.   Nice that they picked a Comanche for the cover.  These are the main Comanche pages.  

DSC_0057.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

'90 Jeep sales brochure - Comanche pages.   I picked this one up when I bought my '90 Cherokee XJ Laredo new from Bannerman Motors in Toronto.   I marked the options I chose with a yellow highlighter and the markings are all still visible!    I've bought 2 used Cherokee XJ's since then and coincidentally they were also originally purchased from Bannerman.  I still have one; an '89 Cherokee Limited 2 dr. 

DSC_0082.JPG

DSC_0083.JPG

DSC_0084.JPG

DSC_0085.JPG

DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0087.JPG

DSC_0088.JPG

Why does the cover of the 90 catalog list "YJ" (which is the Wrangler) then list Cherokee, Wagoneers and Comanches by their model names (not letter designations).

Does the catalog show any Wranglers?

32 minutes ago, 87MJTIM said:

Why does the cover of the 90 catalog list "YJ" (which is the Wrangler) then list Cherokee, Wagoneers and Comanches by their model names (not letter designations).

Does the catalog show any Wranglers?

In Canada "Wranglers" did not exist until the JK's came out.   It was basically a copyright issue as GMC had a pickup trunk called a Wrangler.  YJ's, TJ's and TJ Unlimiteds went by those names and never had a "Wrangler" sticker on them.   The above brochure has several "YJ's" in it ... but no "Wranglers" :rotfl2:

... and when I flip the above over I have the "Comanche Guide d'utilisation" and "Notice De Garantie et D'entretien".   Because almost everything we get has to have both of our official languages they are twice as thick as what our American friends have.   As the old saying in English Canada goes ... at least when you're pouring paint you know which side to spill on!   :laugh:

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

On 4/22/2018 at 6:33 PM, HOrnbrod said:

It's odd that the holes for the Renix Grilles were equidistantly spaced both horizontally and vertically so the grille could be mounted either way. It had to be intentional, but why?   :thinking:

Maybe there was some accessories they wanted to make clearance for? A winch perhaps could benefit with it flipped. :dunno:

• Pete M pinned this topic