Yard Art to Urban Art

42 minutes ago, Pete M said:

it's just steel.  steel can be replaced. :L:   not the first time, won't be the last time.  :grinyes:

I literally can wiggle the rear spring perch with 2 fingers. The red 1 I cut up had more structure there to work with and I could put my hand all the way through to my elbow in 3 ' of the unit rail. It looks like there's plenty meat there but it's rust with paint on the outside. I bet if I smacked it along the spot welds of cab I might be able twist of the whole unit rail frame from lower control arm about 2 inches from the jack stand all the way to the leaf perch. I never have seen 1 this bad. I'm actually scared to get under it now to dismantle it. I've already been brain storming it and think I will gut the interior and cut down the middle. This is no joke and kinda funny. It's the single worst mj or xj I've seen in a unit body but maybe the driver side is good I haven't looked yet. I bet I can wiggle the rear front perch of leaf spring free off the unit body 1 handed.

it's still just steel. :L:  steel can be replaced. 

and it appears you have enough there to hold it in the proper location while it gets welded up.  I've seen far worse brought back from the brink. :grinyes:

17 minutes ago, Pete M said:

it's still just steel. :L:  steel can be replaced. 

and it appears you have enough there to hold it in the proper location while it gets welded up.  I've seen far worse brought back from the brink. :grinyes:

Agreed! They don’t make MJs anymore... A little bit of time with a welder or ALOT of time taking it all apart...

Seem like it very very common have bad rot rust near around the leaf spring mount on passenger side? Correct me if i was wrong? When i got my MJ the PO told me on very same spot on ur MJ was repair by professional shop and i looked yup it been repair and it doesn't look bad at all. Ur project look solid!! :L:

2 hours ago, MJXJjeepguy said:

Seem like it very very common have bad rot rust near around the leaf spring mount on passenger side? Correct me if i was wrong? When i got my MJ the PO told me on very same spot on ur MJ was repair by professional shop and i looked yup it been repair and it doesn't look bad at all. Ur project look solid!! :L:

yeah, that's a weak point that has been known to rust in otherwise fairly clean northern MJs