Feeler for factory roll bar BRACKETS and factory BENCH SEAT BRACKETS

I finalize the drawings tomorrow and they'll get cut hopefully next week.

I had factory roll bar brackets and factory bench seat brackets drawn up.

Roll bar bracket set consists of both front mounts (one driver and one passenger) and 2 inner wheel well backer plates

No idea on cost yet. Gotta make sure they work. But let's set the price on the higher side just in case...$120-$150 shipped.

Factory bench seat brackets. Driver and passenger.

Not sure how they fit bucket seats as in final height. They fit bucket seats, to convert xj seats over, but may affect height . Not sure. No one has given me that info yet...

Again, gonna set price high just in case....$80-$100 shipped

I'm just wanting to see how many people would be interested before I order any more than the prototype....

Let me know...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I think any height problems with conversion buckets is if you use the early XJ buckets with the tilt-a-whirl feature. That mechanism adds height to the seat.
I could see that. Are those brackets different than other xj brackets?

And I figured the thickness of the @$$ part of the bench compared to bucket might be different.

based on the pic (and not personal experience) it appears that the curved slider had shorter brackets underneath it and that would account for the extra height after dropping them on MJ floor brackets.

Pete is right, the rocking chair pedestals are shorter to take up the height difference in the seat. The MJ seat brackets don't have any height to give up due to the MJ's heavily sloped floor - in the rear the pedestals are already pretty much as short as they can be. The XJ rocking chair seat pedestals have legs that are about as long on all 4 corners as the rear legs on the MJ pedestal. 

10 hours ago, Eagle said:

I think any height problems with conversion buckets is if you use the early XJ buckets with the tilt-a-whirl feature. That mechanism adds height to the seat.

Yes it does!!

I go from my MJs to my wife's XJ and crack my noggin getting in......

I'm interested in a set of roll bar brackets.

I'm just hoping they come out cheaper than initial Guestimate to lighten the hit of telling the wife. haha
Right. But I didn't wanna come in low then price be double or something.
And the high guesstimate separates the lookers from the real buyers, the ones that need them

On 4/13/2018 at 6:48 PM, krustyballer16 said:

Right. But I didn't wanna come in low then price be double or something.
And the high guesstimate separates the lookers from the real buyers, the ones that need them

Oh yeh, totally understandable. You have to make some money on them. I need the brackets so it's just a matter of trying to find time to fab them myself..[lol yeh right] or paying the going rate for custom stuff.

I would be interested in the roll bar brackets, but I'm still looking for a SWB factory rollbar. Can you reproduce those? Leave the three pieces separate for easier shipping?
I can't make roll bars. don't have a big enough tubing bender. You might ask an exhaust shop...

I'd be interested in a full set of roll bar brackets too. if its possible Id like to get a extra pair of the two angle brackets seen in Figure F as well. For some reason only one side were completely rusted beyond use on the set of brackets I got with my roll bar. If I can get those then I'd be able to complete a set and have another for the next Comanche that comes my way.

43941925.jpg

I'd be interested in a full set of roll bar brackets too. if its possible Id like to get a extra pair of the two angle brackets seen in Figure F as well. For some reason only one side were completely rusted beyond use on the set of brackets I got with my roll bar. If I can get those then I'd be able to complete a set and have another for the next Comanche that comes my way.
43941925.jpg.9855aa23b822b74968b0df4d6ca36aaf.jpg
I'd probably just sell them as complete sets since that's how they'll be cut out... might be able to cut you a deal on ordering 2 sets

Along with anybody else that wants multiple sets.