questions about selling my jeeps

Lthompson741

I really like that old XJ.  I would love to take a drive down a gravel road on a beautiful evening behind the wheel.  Doesn't get any better than that.  Well, maybe a little Earl Thomas Conley on the radio and a nice long doobie wouldn't hurt.   

On April 14, 2018 at 1:24 AM, Jeep Driver said:

How much for the '85?

Would love to have that!

I don't have a price I would sell it for a decent price to someone who would appreciate it.  I don't have much in it, and am not trying to get rich.

Thanks for the comments guys I also think it's a very nice Jeep and way to nice to cut up.

Its about as loaded as 1985 can get:

- factory tire carrier

-Jeep sentry system 

-power locks, power windows and seats.  Power mirrors

-Keyless Entry (Remotes MIA)

-Fog lights

-Dealer added AMC/Jeep splash guards (1 is a repop).

-A/C that still works

-Tape Deck

It's been repainted, as I was told the Arizona sun killed the clear coat.  It is by no means a good paint job, but it looks decent.   

I love it, just wish it had any other motor besides the 2.8L

37 minutes ago, Lthompson741 said:

I don't have a price I would sell it for a decent price to someone who would appreciate it.  I don't have much in it, and am not trying to get rich.

Thanks for the comments guys I also think it's a very nice Jeep and way to nice to cut up.

Its about as loaded as 1985 can get:

- factory tire carrier

-Jeep sentry system 

-power locks, power windows and seats.  Power mirrors

-Keyless Entry (Remotes MIA)

-Fog lights

-Dealer added AMC/Jeep splash guards (1 is a repop).

-A/C that still works

-Tape Deck

It's been repainted, as I was told the Arizona sun killed the clear coat.  It is by no means a good paint job, but it looks decent.   

I love it, just wish it had any other motor besides the 2.8L

Set the 2.8 aside...........everyone has an opinion about it............so be it. 

Your 85 is an unmolested classic, 85s are not common, 2drs are less common, loaded unmolested 2drs even less common. 

There are many of us who would appreciate yours. 

I'll suggest removing the steps, rear add-on lights, and the magnetic flags.......those are distractions. 

Find a nice backdrop and photograph it. 

Describe it in your ad just as you did here. 

Yours would sell at my locale in less than 48 hours for about $3800 as is, less the distractions. 

If I took my time and really worked it, was willing to travel- meet half way........really really promoted it, I think I could get $6K.

List it in Wisconsin and Michigan also. 

I'm assuming it's not a rust bucket?

1 hour ago, Jeep Driver said:

Set the 2.8 aside...........everyone has an opinion about it............so be it. 

Your 85 is an unmolested classic, 85s are not common, 2drs are less common, loaded unmolested 2drs even less common. 

There are many of us who would appreciate yours. 

I'll suggest removing the steps, rear add-on lights, and the magnetic flags.......those are distractions. 

Find a nice backdrop and photograph it. 

Describe it in your ad just as you did here. 

Yours would sell at my locale in less than 48 hours for about $3800 as is, less the distractions. 

If I took my time and really worked it, was willing to travel- meet half way........really really promoted it, I think I could get $6K.

List it in Wisconsin and Michigan also. 

I'm assuming it's not a rust bucket?

the pictures I posted are older.  The steps and flag stickers are gone.   All the is left from the P.O. is the tow lights under the rear bumper, and the flat tow hook ups, up front.   

It has no rust at all on it.   It lived in Arizona it's entire life and I'm pretty sure it's never seen salt.  It's spent two winters in storage now with me owning it, and the P.O. was in Arizona every winter since new.   

I appreciate the advice and I may do that.  Maybe this one will be the first to go.

• 6 months later...

Well a little update, I sold my 92 XJ.  I ended up listing it for $900 bucks thinking I would be sitting on it for a while, being it's a rusty beat up 5speed and it sold in 24 hours.  So now I am down to my 85XJ and the 88MJ.   I spend some time on the 85 cleaning it up, reattaching badges, cleaning the interior, and maintance.  I really didn't drive it all too much as it's needs tires.   I am on the fence on selling it, and may just sit on it for a while, but I'm still trying to figure it out.