CC PowWow friday June 15th in Castle Rock, CO

Pete M

hilarious mathematical hijinks.  seems that if I rent from ft collins and return to denver, there is a 175 drop fee and the total is around 300.  if I rent from denver and return to denver, there isn't a drop fee, but the daily charge goes up and the total comes too...... around 300.  lol. :D  I guess they want their money either way.  

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I'm not exactly sure what is being considered here.  Are we looking at a rendezvous campsite and day trips from there.  There are campsites south of Estes along Hwy 7 & 119 aka the Peak to Peak Hwy.  The official campgrounds will be busy.  We can also do a several day tour setting up camps along the way but availability would likely be hit and miss for any sizable group.  RMNP is worth seeing but it is also a complete zoo, most especially on weekends.  FYI Hwy 34 from Loveland to Estes will re-open after Memorial Day but will still have construction delays the rest of the year.  It's possible to drive through RMNP from Estes to Grand Lake.  I know of some camping areas that are more (non-official) that are east of Tabernash on the western side of the Indian Peaks area although it's been awhile since I've been there.  Just a couple of ideas thrown out there.  I'm sure there are plenty of others.  Should be fun. :comanche:

20 minutes ago, Pete M said:

hilarious mathematical hijinks.  seems that if I rent from ft collins and return to denver, there is a 175 drop fee and the total is around 300.  if I rent from denver and return to denver, there isn't a drop fee, but the daily charge goes up and the total comes too...... around 300.  lol. :D  I guess they want their money either way.

Depending on the logistics of the PW and attendees, you might be able to drop in Ft Collins and a CC member returning to Denver or points south, could drop you off at DIA for your flight.  Maybe, maybe not.  Just a thought.

ok, I think I have a car plan.  If I rent from the downtown denver location and return it there, it's $170 and I can then take the train to the airport ($9 and about a mile walk from enterprise).  seems reasonable.  :D 

as to what we do... I've got no idea but I will be bringing my tent anyways so an overnight camp friday or saturday would be sweet.  Last time I was in Denver I had my Jeep and we hit some trails and camped in the mountains.  I have no idea where that was since I was just tagging along with Rick (xjs4ever) and his buddies.   This time I will likely have a tiny car.  

I'm entirely relying on the knowledge of the locals for all this.  :dunno:  

further research has shown that I can rent a cargo van from enterprise for a little more than the compact car and the van will come with unlimited miles and an attached "mobile apartment"  :D  

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:11 AM, Pete M said:

in the past 2 days the price of a car has gone up and is now equal to the price of a van.   :dunno:  anyone need help moving anything?  :laugh2:

I've got a piano that needs moving.  :grinyes:

been there, done that.  pianos suck. :(    but I'm happy to help if nothing else is going on.  :L: 

seriously though.  someone needs to take the reins and plan a thing.  any ol' thing.  I can't really organize much with minimal knowledge of the area and no home base to say "come to me".  :dunno:   

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, Pete M said:

been there, done that.  pianos suck. :(    but I'm happy to help if nothing else is going on.  :L: 

seriously though.  someone needs to take the reins and plan a thing.  any ol' thing.  I can't really organize much with minimal knowledge of the area and no home base to say "come to me".  :dunno:   

I wasn't serious about the piano, not in the near term anyway.  But thanks!  I signed up for the CO Comanche club on Facebook just so I could see if there was any action with your upcoming visit.  I haven't been back to get an update but will and let you know what I find out.  I've only met one other Comanche person here (Yellaheep) and CC member Hypoid.  Back atcha later.

Yes, I know, I've been slacking a bit on Comanche stuff, been a little busy at work. Trying to get something together for Friday the 15th. The most difficult part is getting a location for 25ish people with their vehicles.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:01 PM, Pete M said:

so far all I know is I arrive on the 14th.  

13 hours ago, COMJNUT said:

Yes, I know, I've been slacking a bit on Comanche stuff, been a little busy at work. Trying to get something together for Friday the 15th. The most difficult part is getting a location for 25ish people with their vehicles.

Pete, do you have plans to be somewhere in particular when you arrive or shortly thereafter?  You mentioned Estes Park.  A M&G seems difficult for a Friday given people's work schedules, various locations and, traffic sucks big time Friday late day all up and down the Front Range.  Saturday or Sunday seems easier to pull off. 

I was thinking Friday late evening after 6pm till around 10pm, eat around 7pm. I have my son's birthday party on Saturday. I am organizing a car show for my work right now that happens on Sunday till around 3pm. Yes a group of Comanche's can show up at the car show, but some folks do not like setting foot on church property and I would like to be respectful of that. I don't know if any within the group feels that way at this time, but I have heard of it in some circles of friends that I have.

More info about it here:

https://cherrycreekpres.org/events/picnic-sunday/

Hey Scott, I don't do facebook - it's the devil - especially for cops..... So I can't post/contribute in the thread there.

Looks like I should be able to attend this.  I'm happy to bring food stuffs but it'd be easier if you could just tell me what I can bring since I won't be able to coordinate on FB.  

We have plans for my folks to be down to see us for Father's day.  Maybe my pops and I will stop by for the car show!

I wish I could have helped you out with your travel needs Pete!  My folks summer in Estes Park but won't be there until after you are - I think.  Never know with them, but they're driving from Florida and stopping to see family in Nebraska.  I believe their plan is to come to us for Father's day before heading back up to Estes.  If I had a working MJ I'd have let you use it!  

Are we really expecting 25 or so MJ peeps at this thing?  That's pretty cool!

Also, if anyone has parts needs and will be going to this event, hit me up - I'll see if I have it.  I'm still trying to get stuff out of storage and into the hands of people that can use the stuff.

My storage unit isn't far from Castle Rock......... 

Ok, so I checked out the map for the location....... "My Friends and I Automotive"....... is this a house with storage containers and several vehicles on a few acres off the beaten path south of C-Rock?

Why am I suddenly hearing that song from Deliverance?......... :D

2 hours ago, yellaheep said:

Ok, so I checked out the map for the location....... "My Friends and I Automotive"....... is this a house with storage containers and several vehicles on a few acres off the beaten path south of C-Rock?

Why am I suddenly hearing that song from Deliverance?......... :D

Yes

2 hours ago, yellaheep said:

Hey Scott, I don't do facebook - it's the devil - especially for cops..... So I can't post/contribute in the thread there.

Looks like I should be able to attend this.  I'm happy to bring food stuffs but it'd be easier if you could just tell me what I can bring since I won't be able to coordinate on FB.  

We have plans for my folks to be down to see us for Father's day.  Maybe my pops and I will stop by for the car show!

Are we really expecting 25 or so MJ peeps at this thing?  That's pretty cool!

I completely understand about the book of faces, the group thing is the only reason that I use it.

I would like to see a couple of MJ's at the show.

We are at 12 now and 3 that don't do the book of faces thing that have contacted me directly.