• Pete M pinned this topic
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pete,

I just checked  Enterprise at the Denver airport.  $380 for a Toyota Camry from June 14 to June 17th.  Airports charge big time taxes or concession fees to rent a car.   Five years ago, we tried to avoid those fees in Boston.  Wound up making a reservation at an off airport site.  PROBLEM was the $110 cab ride to get there!!!

Advise more price shopping.

Costco generally has some of the cheapest rental rates, if you are a member.  Also try your AAA club for better rates.

we have a tentative new plan.  I didn't realize my folks were staying 3 days in Estes Park.  it'll mean even more driving for me, but I might be able to drop them and the trailer off at the park and then borrow the Durango for the weekend. :D   

But if I find a great deal on a rental, I think I'd prefer that.  

Shoot everywhere in Colorado has good beer and great views. I never came home disappointed except for leaving. I wish I moved there and skipped college, buying a house, getting married all that. I turn full on midlife crisis every time I enter Denver International. Fly Frontier it never dissapointed me and check rental rates outside the airport. Airports are usually much higher than in town. Uber it there or get a pick up. They do here within a certain distance. Denver is and has beeb a hotspot since right before legalization. That city was crazy that winter. Golden is a place to go. The views were great. Longmont, Leadville was one of my favorites, Estes wow and I just drove through no time that trip. 1st thing you do after stepping off that plane is get a beer and take off to Red Rocks and check out your first view of the mile hile and let the adrenile flow. I was so amped I felt like a 13 year old ready to take on the world and every young woman I could get my hands on.

• 2 weeks later...

Rent from somewhere other than DIA, they rape and pilage your there. We do have a fancy new train from the Airport that will drop you off at all sorts of places. Hotwire has done me solid a few times for car rentals.

Shouldn't have football that weekend so might be down for a beer or something. I'll PM you my #. 

Don't hang out with Yella, that guy's a jerk! :D

On 3/30/2018 at 9:50 AM, Pete M said:

we have a tentative new plan.  I didn't realize my folks were staying 3 days in Estes Park.  it'll mean even more driving for me, but I might be able to drop them and the trailer off at the park and then borrow the Durango for the weekend. :D   

But if I find a great deal on a rental, I think I'd prefer that.  

Avis seems reasonable to me for picking up at airport and returning to airport:

5ad28c4fdb8a4_ScreenShot2018-04-14at5_16_28PM.jpg.b9090868e5d960a0cb3867b2ab884aba.jpg

Those prices are crazy high for car rentals.  I go through Enterprise in Longmont, Loveland, and Fort Collins, depending on who is the cheapest.  I can usually get a car for around $15-$20/ day with unlimited miles.  I do this to save fuel on long trips.  Usually ends up being cheaper to rent car then use my XJ and get less than 15mpg.   Twice I have rented a Tahoe from them for family vacations.  $450 for a week in 2014 and we towed our boat with it to Lake Powell.  There are deals out there.

I'd be down for a meet, it sounds like you're driving in and flying out, if that's the case I'd rent from a non airport location and have the return location to the airport. Like others have said the airport locations charges higher taxes and fees.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

ok, if I stay with my folks in estes park friday night and rent from ft collins on saturday, then sat-tues brings me to ~$300.  still too much but much better than that outrageous 800 dollar number.  dammit.  I do have hopes that a new weekends special will appear after the old one expires on the 22nd.