2018 Midwest CC PowWow - Badlands, Attica IN on August 25th

89eliminator

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

is the 25th a lesser alternative or simply not possible?  I would have to do this on the way up or the way back from michigan and the 25th would already means an extra week in MI.  :( 

having said all that, if my grandmother's heath drops just a small amount, but not enough for a nursing home, I'll likely just be up there with her for a lot longer than a few weeks and then need to figure out driving from MI to the badlands and back to MI.  

there is about an 80% of that weekend working for me.  i don't think i will have to work that weekend, but there is a chance i will end having to.  i wouldnt really know until about a week or two before that.

• 1 month later...

Ill try to be there. The red rocket is being parted now, the unit body was 1 pothole from folding like a taco. The brake line was holding it together. The 88 is up wnd running. I'm slowly getting a lift on her now. It has 4 wheel drive, soon I hope to have the factory roll bar in after I get a set of Krustyballer's mounts. I should be invinsible then right?

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, MancheKid86 said:

just wondering why its called midwest region when its all mid/north eastern?

Prior to June 1984, the Midwest Region was designated as the North Central Region. Something to do with the Census Bureau.

In the late 1700's the region was known as the Northwest Territory (of the U.S.) later to become known as the Old Northwest.  In some accounts I've read it was even referred to as The Great Northwest.  That during the Daniel Boone, Simon Kenton, Tecumseh era. 

That was before the Louisiana Purchase.  At that time, the USA only went as far as the Mississippi river.  The Ohio territory (current Indiana, Illinois, Michigan) was then the Northwest.

After the Louisiana Purchase in 1803, the Ohio territory became the mid-west.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What day will most people be there?
My girlfriend will be almost 39 weeks pregnant then and attica is about an hour drive for me so I only get to be there one day, maybe... so I wanna meet as many people as I can.

I might have talked Max from dirtbound offroad to come down. Its about a 9 hour drive for him.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Saturday will be the official wheeling day
I probably qont be wheeling. Be there more to meet n greet and get to know people lol. I'm bringing my side by side though but probably won't be in it much since I'll be on call to head to the hospital to watch her pop out the little one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

yeah suppose i should update this thread too...

this saturday, the 25th, will be the main wheeling day.  i believe some are arriving friday so they may wheel that day too.

park opens at 9AM.  Plan is to meet in the upper trailer parking lot behind the main building and depart for the trails between 10-1030.

random pics, yet to be cropped or organized (although they are likely in chronological order).  a great time was had by all!  :comanche:

If anyone in the pics would like all the photos that contain your rig, just let me know and we'll figure out how to transfer them to you.  :L:  

IMG_9141.JPG

IMG_9145.JPG