2018 Midwest CC PowWow - Badlands, Attica IN on August 25th

89eliminator

and of course my little baby Jeep.  :D  with nothing to protect the oil filter or trans pan (they hang quite low in the CRD) I wisely choose to play it safer than most.  by next time I'll have some armor for her and we can play harder.  :applause:

IMG_9220.JPG

• Pete M unlocked this topic

that's only some of the 500 I took.  but yeah, my biggest regret is not being everywhere at once. :(  I can only snap pics of the trucks near me.  well, that and no one ever wants to wait a couple seconds for me to get into a better position.  :dunno:

indeed you were.  I know it more or less sucked for you, but it was still my favorite part of the day.  I love a good MacGyver-esque challenge.  :D  To anyone that hasn't heard yet, Wade managed to sheer off all the studs for the rear tire when it fell into a hole and jammed.  It was a true group effort and we won the day and got him off the trail under his own power.  :banana:

IMG_9548.JPG

IMG_9551.JPG

IMG_9543.JPG

IMG_9555.JPG

9 minutes ago, DesertRat1991 said:

Great pics!  

That guy is in quite a jam.  What was the fix?  Did you guys have the gear to swap out the studs?  

buddy had spare axle shafts.  we were going to just put that in, but i run 35 splines and his were 31 spline.  ended up pounding the studs off his spare axle and pounded a few into my axle shaft.  just enough to get a spare tire put on (rim got tore up) and get it to the trailer.  

and of course my little baby Jeep.    with nothing to protect the oil filter or trans pan (they hang quite low in the CRD) I wisely choose to play it safer than most.  by next time I'll have some armor for her and we can play harder.  :applause:

IMG_9220.JPG.0d84e3b31891aa0f64be0f38869ee0fc.JPG

Great pics thanks

88 Pioneer 4x4 auto LB D30/D44
88 Eliminator 4x2 5sp SB D35

• 1 month later...