Fire pit by our resident fab guy

shelbyluvv

As most of you know Brandon (Krustyballer) and I do a lot of business together. He and I talk on a daily basis. Never once met in person or on the phone. Only through text and Facebook. With that said we had designed some pretty cool stuff together.

I asked him to make me a fire pit and sent him a few pics of what I had in mind. He finally got it lasered out today. All I can say is it is our best work yet! Yes we have made some cool sliders and bumpers but this takes the cake!

I can't wait to get it in my hands!!! Awesome job buddy!!!cda4c2c40b2fb365241b8590f2f02669.jpge7754bfbe9d3049ca626af3d7a22b3f9.jpg

I'll take one........seriously, you need to license that thing and sell through Quadratec and other Jeep/4wd sites and catalogs. Yes, royalties for the iconic grill cutout and Jeep name, but I'm sure you could sell that retail for $100 all day and make a decent profit. With the way it appears it can quickly and easily be assembled/disassembled it's great for camping as well as back yards. Tack some heavy wire mesh on the inside of each panel to keep large embers from falling out, I really think you've got something there. Maybe on the "Life is Simple" panel you could offer different "Jeep sayings" or offer customization for a $50 up-charge. $$$$ 

Nice! Probably cost more than $100 to make though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm hoping not! Customer price maybe but I hope not at my price.

And I can't take credit for this really. I just took Bo's pictures and gave them to an engineer and then bugged that person for a few weeks til it was done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
out of curiosity, can your machine cut stainless and aluminum? 
They're not my machines, I had it done at work. But yea, they can cut just about anything. They cut sound deadening "Styrofoam" with them.
Engineer time is what's hard to come by around here

You can laser cut aluminum? A shop I worked with said they couldn't because it was too reflective. I guess it might depend on the alloy.

Also, you should figure out how to draw up the source files and program the machine yourself. In most cases it really isn't that difficult, especially if you can just pull a cad-type file (or I've actually used a PDF with a smaller laser cutter) off a flash drive. 

You can laser cut aluminum? A shop I worked with said they couldn't because it was too reflective. I guess it might depend on the alloy.

Also, you should figure out how to draw up the source files and program the machine yourself. In most cases it really isn't that difficult, especially if you can just pull a cad-type file (or I've actually used a PDF with a smaller laser cutter) off a flash drive. 

Ya they cut aluminum, polished aluminum, stainless, the Styrofoam they cut has a reflective side. I'm not sure what kind of lasers they are. Massive! $250,000- $500,000 machines. Can cut up to 1" thick I think. And one was used to cut tubing at one point but they don't do that anymore.

There's 9 lasers total.

And I don't wanna mess with them lol. I can have anything drawn up and cut out and it doesn't cost a lot over their costs.