HI Don, and thanks for the affirmation.  Gasser body harness are the same...easy swap

37 minutes ago, JeepcoMJ said:

HI Don, and thanks for the affirmation.  Gasser body harness are the same...easy swap

Hey Pat! Good to see you here again.   :beerchug:

boring update:  I developed another a bad shimmy under braking so I replaced all the brake parts at the corners with nice condition junkyard stuff; soft lines, calipers, pads, rotors.  A big thanks to whoever replaced all those parts on their KJ right before scrapping it. :L:   from that same Liberty I grabbed LCAs, knuckles, bearings, struts, etc. for the eventual lift (my stuff is just too rotted to reuse).  

boring update 2:  the mirrors now work (was a bad switch) and I've swapped out the why-the-hell-are-they-shiny trim bits inside with base model flat gray stuff.  :D  

coming soon:  functioning rear windows!  :D 

one window down (then up, then down, then up again :D ).  ran out of energy and light today so I'll tackle the other tomorrow.  

past-me seems to have unplugged the wire harness to the rear window switches (which are in the center console not the doors) and forgot to leave a note for present-me, soooooo that was a whole debacle-and-a-half trying to figure out why there wasn't power to the rear windows.  :roflmao:

success!  I had a burnt out motor, but as it so happens I grabbed a spare from the junkyard so all is well. :D  if anyone was curious, the motor/gear assembly doesn't swap left to right, but the motors themselves can be popped out and swapped.  :L:  

next up:  ABS computer swapping

just scored a set of 5 TJ Rubicon rims with 245/75s on them.  :D 

pics in the morning

oddly enough, one of the rims still has the machining marks in the surface.  maybe that one is aftermarket?  either way, they are going to look sweet. :D   tires still have some life in them.  

20180726_094957.jpg