'06 Liberty CRD (4.10 axles, skids and new coils installed!)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

finally got the hood to latch properly. :D 

20191002_131843.jpg

yup, I'm really happy with how things are turning out from a looks-perspective. :D  of course, I've only touched on the easy stuff.  Next up is replacing the suspension/axles and trying to find the chaffed wire that is causing this random limp mode issue.  not to mention the upcoming engine work... :crazy:

Yeah, you've done the fluff work.  Grab your toolkit and get to it on the "holy crap" work now, lol:beerchug:

I'm going to start tearing the head off mine once we get back from vacation next week.  Yay.

Pat.....I'm still going to call you, but it won't be for a couple weeks.  Need to get my Focus straight, then go see Mickey next week.  Once were back from that, I'm gonna start to tear down.

• 3 weeks later...

swapped out the bad wheel bearing for a junkyard unit.  the process went super smooth, which shocked the crap outta me since the suspension has 200k and is more or less rotted in areas.  :banana:  It's not about how rusty your Jeep is, it's all about where the rust is. :D  A huge shout out to Jeep for using some quality bolts to hold the bearings on! :L:   The speed sensor didn't fair so well though and a part of it has become a permanent feature of the old bearings.  oh well, that system didn't work anyways.  :laugh:

tomorrow I'm hoping to make a run over to a junkyard that supposedly has the front diff I need.  we shall see. 

oh, and my speedometer stopped functioning for a couple minutes today.  good thing I don't use it for anything anyways (got a GPS unit on the dash). 

Nice score man :beerchug:

Just an FYI, my wife is going out of town this weekend, and I'm going to pull the head off of mine.  I need to get the spiral extractor back out of it and take it back up to the shop that got it stuck in there, then drop the head off at the machine shop to see if they can fix it.  Should be great fun, I'll take many pictures.

Looking good.

I just helped a buddy do a water pump replacement (the arm up to the viscous heater broke off) and we did all of the rockers and a new timing belt since it was about that time anyway.  That's an "interesting" motor to work on.

timing.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

built an impromptu rack in the Lowes parking lot to haul some 4x8 paneling.  basically just used a few lag bolts to sandwich the roof bars between two 2x4s on each side.  it's crooked as heck but worked like a charm. :D 

20191215_134237.jpg

17 hours ago, Pete M said:

I also finally got around to pulling the gauge cluster out and blacking out the various warning lights that I've accrued over the years (7?).  I'm sick of them blinding me at night.  :cool:

Yeah, that one thing cranking up the radio won’t fix :brows:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 7:04 AM, Drahcir495 said:

Yeah, that one thing cranking up the radio won’t fix :brows:

the radio was fixing that wheel bearing for quite a while :roflmao:  But then it wouldn't and I was stuck with the decision to either fix the bearing or add in a couple subwoofers.  I went with the bearing since that included less wiring.  :D 

On 12/25/2019 at 1:13 PM, Pete M said:

the radio was fixing that wheel bearing for quite a while :roflmao:  But then it wouldn't and I was stuck with the decision to either fix the bearing or add in a couple subwoofers.  I went with the bearing since that included less wiring.  :D 

Amplifier time!