Seat Mounts: Dakota 40/20/40 to stock Comanche mounting holes

About 6 months ago I posted my Dakota seat project in DIY Projects And Tech.  Lots of pictures and info.  I've received several contacts now asking if I would be willing to build mounts for them.  I can't, but I have a friend, who helped me with my set, and he indicated that if there was sufficient interest he would be willing to build them for about $150, plus shipping.  Just looking for interest right now. If there is enough interest, we'll pull my seat and make templates for him to start production.  He seems more interested in completed mounts, but I've also raised the subject of doing kits for a little less money and you do the welding.  Let me know!!  

PrimedFrame1.jpg

FinishedSeat.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late 90's, early 2000, 40/20/40 seats fit right in.  Mine are 1998, and were in an extended cab, so they don't tilt forward, but they slide forward enough for easy access.  Seats from a standard cab would be better, but these were in such good shape and the color matched my interior perfectly! I paid $60 for the set.

On 1/5/2018 at 4:22 PM, Goose_XJ88 said:

I think that a partially built kit would be a great option. Everything welded together except for the long leg. 

It would minimize work for the end welder and still ship in a smaller box than a fully assembled kit.

:iagree:

I am still interested either way, but to save on shipping and time, I think this would be best option for most. 

Thanks!

19 hours ago, GrayWolf said:

I know that Comanche seat mounts are different than Cherokee, but are all Comanche seat mounts the same???  Didn't think about that before, Kinda self centered!

Yes, all Comanche seats mounts are the same. These brackets should fit any MJ. The XJ seats had to be made to fit. 

******I talked to Bob and he will be able to make up templates next week.  He's pretty quick once he starts a project so I will get with everybody when he's ready to take a day and either weld, or not weld, depending on your preference.  I'll also give everybody a final cost, plus shipping.

Thanks for the great response, I know you'll be as happy as I was1