New ComancheClub.com Main Page

ORCA

Alright we've talked about this before but I think it is time to bring it up again, hopefully get motivated enough to make a change :cheers:

I don't mind working on it right now because i'm 'recovering' from surgery and can't really do anything else... :roll: I feel obligated to contribute more than just posting because of all the things Pete does for us.

Here is an old design I came up with:

http://www.amt.org/scott/cc/index.html

It's been awhile since i've updated it, so it is somewhat old news - but I think we can build off this. Pete has mentioned before that the site should atleast include these:

-main page

-MJ history

-MJ of the Month

-original owners (?)

-page for members: something simple with just a truck photo and owners name

-PowWows

I can update that old design to incorporate all these things, but I want to hear some feedback on the design. My goal here is too update the main page with a fresher look, and have the ability to update it as the club grows.

Soo now it's your turn CC members, any feedback helps! Lets get the ball rolling!! :cheers:

looks good... we're just so damn spread out its hard to have powows and such which is what i think keeps us frmo having a big website is we're more online than inperson

Maybe instead we don't have powwows as a seperate page...It does seem easier to get together through the forum anyway... :hateputers:

no, thanks.

I don't need to be clicking 3 different things to get to the forums. and my news is contained in everyones posts.

it looks good, but I don't support the idea of making things more difficult to navigate.

Well with this new design there is a single botton that will leads right to the forums. :roll: Just like the current website. Besides if that is too complicated I always just bookmark the forum itself (comancheclub.com/forums), that way there is no wait time. ;)

The point of updating the main page is not to make things more complicated. It's to fresh and lighten things up, make the main page more versitale - and appealing to new members. Again it shouldn't be a more complicated process. This should be a 'simplifying' procedure.

Maybe i'm the only one on this sinking ship though... :roll:

i like the page you made. i think it would be a fresh new face to the comanche world and maybe even get us even more members.

but it is Pete's site but i think if he saw it he would like it. and it isn't anymore work to get to the forums or anythin, just a fresh new face

i like the page you made. i think it would be a fresh new face to the comanche world and maybe even get us even more members.

but it is Pete's site but i think if he saw it he would like it. and it isn't anymore work to get to the forums or anythin, just a fresh new face

Thank you. :cheers:

if you run mozilla firefox (or any other popup blocker/toolbar) yuo can make your own buttons along the top... i have comancheclub up there but its the forums. ;) makes things easier.

i like the new mainpage design, i only visit it maybe once a month or when i get on someone elses computer but i do like the idea of a refresher.

What I'm really waiting on here is my graduation. It's been in limbo for 8 months now. I have one more final next week and then I'm either on to job searching or I'll be emailing you guys from prison after I kill my prof for making the last year of my life a pointless hell. Once I get money rollling in, I'd like to pay a local web-head a few bucks to orchestrate all this for me or at least show me how to do it. I still want you guys to do the pages and all, but I'm just not enough of a techie to be able to do it myself. Even help from afar won't cut it, I need real-time instruction on the details, answers to my questions and the whole 9 yards. I know I've said it before, but please be patient a bit longer. :cheers:

But don't let me stop the discussion of your opinions and ideas. SouthLake has a nice looking page going there. :cheers: Makes mine look like I cut it out of construction paper and glued it on the screen. :D

• 2 weeks later...

What does not having a piece of paper have to do with prison?

Unless your planning on attempted murder or something for not getting the paper...

In that case, I would send them a nice package of toilet paper, the kind that leaves your hind quarters with raw skin...

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I am the FNG

I have some design experiance.. so I threw this together

I used the current homepage as a template. I know there is talk of adding more links and content. This is more or less a template and a rough layout. Did the top bar in Photoshop. Took the pics off the frontpage and did some minor text moves. Grabbed a description of the Comanche from wikipedia..

http://kustomdev.com/cc/

The page is up on my Dev site.

So give me feedback.. Pete let me know what you think.