The Golden Eagle MJ

Now that I have all the Notch Customs flares mounted up I'd like to give everyone my opinion.  If I could send them back I definitely would.  Of all the aftermarket vehicle specific parts I've ever purchased these are the worse.  

The first pic is the driver's front, it doesn't have a upper notch at all. The second and third are the passenger front.  The upper part has a notch but the bottom body line is all jacked up. Neither side has a notch in the front and I don't even want to talk about the rear. 

IMG_20180309_101447.jpg

IMG_20180309_101506.jpg

IMG_20180309_141926.jpg

With the weatherman saying the sun may make an appearance today I've decided to do some painting.  Unfortunately my budget requires me to reuse as many used parts as possible so I spent a couple hours this morning prepping the parts for the rear axle for resurfacing.

IMG_20180310_101848.jpg

15 hours ago, jbain said:

Now that I have all the Notch Customs flares mounted up I'd like to give everyone my opinion.  If I could send them back I definitely would.  Of all the aftermarket vehicle specific parts I've ever purchased these are the worse.  

The first pic is the driver's front, it doesn't have a upper notch at all. The second and third are the passenger front.  The upper part has a notch but the bottom body line is all jacked up. Neither side has a notch in the front and I don't even want to talk about the rear.

Bummer on the Notch flares. On their web site they show a close-up of a red MJ with their flares installed. The notches, especially on the rear flare, look perfect.

7 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

Bummer on the Notch flares. On their web site they show a close-up of a red MJ with their flares installed. The notches, especially on the rear flare, look perfect.

Yeah, it's going to take a lot of time to get them to fit right. It's disappointing.

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on my Golden Eagle decals.  I chose the JK ones because they are smaller than the J10/CJ versions.  I'll run the Golden Eagle lettering on the lower part of the doors similar to the White J10 in the picture.

Golden Eagle.png

8478b9a8eefb44f202549a73b7a29c96--jeep-cj-jeep-truck.jpg.397afe965610a589558ccd07fe5db259.jpg

Got lucky and found a set of 1978 Factory Golden Eagle wheels.  Had the local Jobber mix me up some AMC 7M Golden Ginger.  Its thin so it took 5 coats for good coverage but a big difference between new and 40 year old paint.

IMG_20180315_150137.jpg

Today makes 4 months since I started tearing it down.  My goal was 6 months so I need to stay busy.  It's just amazing how much time projects actually take compared to what we estimate at the beginning.