The Golden Eagle MJ

15 hours ago, jbain said:

Took advantage of the Pitbull Valentine's Day sale and scooped me up a set of 37 Rockers!  I've always wanted a set of these tires.  

IMG_20180223_165009.jpg

A tire sale on Valentine's day?!!!  More women need to know about this!  :laugh:

Spent the better part of the day finishing up the wiring on the MJ.  I still needed to wire the 97 3 wire door jamb light switch to the MJ single wire setup.  I was also able to get the floor board lights working. Wiring is complete!

IMG_20180224_141821.jpg

IMG_20180224_141803.jpg

Today marks a big milestone on my Comanche build.  After 4 months and countless hours in the garage the 97 conversation is finally complete.  I finished up the door jambs, all the interior plastic, seats and even got all the Sport truck and Cherokee decals off it.  Now for the fun stuff.

IMG_20180225_194945.jpg

IMG_20180225_194818.jpg

IMG_20180225_194847.jpg

IMG_20180225_194909.jpg

IMG_20180225_194927.jpg

I gotta say I felt a lot like a kid on Christmas morning when I unwrapped these M-Max Notch Customs Flares this evening.  These are gonna get mounted then color matched and should do a decent job of covering those 37 Rockers. Time to start cutting!

IMG_20180302_200032.jpg

3 hours ago, jbain said:

I gotta say I felt a lot like a kid on Christmas morning when I unwrapped these M-Max Notch Customs Flares this evening.  These are gonna get mounted then color matched and should do a decent job of covering those 37 Rockers. Time to start cutting!

Now those are cool, since they're actually made to fit the MJ.  I didn't know they were out there.

Looking forward to seeing the install. :thumbsup:

27 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

You only picked up this truck about four months ago. Already seven pages of documentation and the finish line is close. This is a high quality build thread. Well done Chief.    :beerchug:

Thanks brother, I have vacation scheduled in July so I gotta stay after it.  My brother and I plan to drive from WV to Colorado then cross the state using as much dirt and mountain passes as possible.  Eventually dropping into Moab.

23 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

That winch looks brand new again. :beerchug:

It definitely turned out nice, a guy gave it to me because he couldn't get it to work.  I just assumed it was full of water but was surprised to find it clean inside.  Did a quick test and found that in and out both had bad solenoids.  Bought some good paint and some line and it's as good as new.

12 minutes ago, jbain said:

It definitely turned out nice, a guy gave it to me because he couldn't get it to work.  I just assumed it was full of water but was surprised to find it clean inside.  Did a quick test and found that in and out both had bad solenoids.  Bought some good paint and some line and it's as good as new.

Those solenoids do tend to fail.  Lots of guys upgrade to solid state contactors instead.

Got an early start this morning and got the front 2 Notch Flares mounted and the fenders trimmed.  I'm happy that the cut fenders I had on the truck still had enough "Meat" to allow me hang the flares.  However I'm not impressed at all with the fit and finish of the flares themselves.  I'd love to get started on the rear but I gotta take off and go pick up my rear axle

IMG_20180306_092026.jpg