The Golden Eagle MJ

Haven't been looking forward to building a rear panel for the truck. But it wasn't too bad.  Time for fabric.
IMG_20180210_134435.thumb.jpg.ee914331df5270ff5df061818a6b1489.jpg

You wouldn’t happen to have any measurements or anything? I need to make one, but I wasn’t sure what to use for the board. Any tips or tricks for making one would be much appreciated! Also, do you remember how much resin you used on your headliner? I just got one and it needs some help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, SatiricalHen said:

You wouldn’t happen to have any measurements or anything? I need to make one, but I wasn’t sure what to use for the board. Any tips or tricks for making one would be much appreciated! Also, do you remember how much resin you used on your headliner? I just got one and it needs some help.

As for the Resin I bought a gallon and probably used about half that.  For the backboard I used a piece of Luan from Lowe's.  If I remember right it was 46 wide 18 1/2 on the edges tapering to 16 1/4 in the center. I actually left it 48 inches wide and cut out two 1 inch Notches to slide behind the B-Pillar plastic.

As for the Resin I bought a gallon and probably used about half that.  For the backboard I used a piece of Luan from Lowe's.  If I remember right it was 46 wide 18 1/2 on the edges tapering to 16 1/4 in the center. I actually left it 48 inches wide and cut out two 1 inch Notches to slide behind the B-Pillar plastic.

Did you just cut the shape and then cover it and it just slides back there behind the b pillar plastic? Mine never had one and I’ve never seen one in person so I’m not 100% sure how they mount.

On 2/1/2018 at 5:36 PM, jbain said:

The new bumper for the MJ showed up this evening.  Seems legit.

IMG_20180201_191741.jpg

Love the white MJ!  This is going to be super nice!

I have a kinda strange and specific question about the rear bumper.  How much material (front to back) is there in the section directly underneath the taillight?  I'm wanting to put a tire carrier on something in the future and need to fit a 1.5" shaft directly under the tail light, with a bit of wiggle room front to back.  I'd appreciate any info you could get me! 

20 hours ago, SatiricalHen said:

Did you just cut the shape and then cover it and it just slides back there behind the b pillar plastic? Mine never had one and I’ve never seen one in person so I’m not 100% sure how they mount.

Mine also had no panel and like you I have never seen one.  However looking at my B-Pillar plastic there are 2 notches on each side. So I cut out my Luan Board including 2 tabs for each side that coincided with the notches in the plastic.  This is what I used to hold it in place.

18 hours ago, natander2ksometime said:

Love the white MJ!  This is going to be super nice!

I have a kinda strange and specific question about the rear bumper.  How much material (front to back) is there in the section directly underneath the taillight?  I'm wanting to put a tire carrier on something in the future and need to fit a 1.5" shaft directly under the tail light, with a bit of wiggle room front to back.  I'd appreciate any info you could get me! 

Thanks man, I still have the step bumper on my truck so I haven't installed this on yet.  If you just want a static measurement then I can get that for you now.

1 hour ago, jbain said:

Thanks man, I still have the step bumper on my truck so I haven't installed this on yet.  If you just want a static measurement then I can get that for you now.

Yeah, all I need is to know is if there's enough room for a 1.5" shaft somewhere between the tailgate and the outside edge of the bumper (left to right, if that makes sense).

Thanks!

Mine also had no panel and like you I have never seen one.  However looking at my B-Pillar plastic there are 2 notches on each side. So I cut out my Luan Board including 2 tabs for each side that coincided with the notches in the plastic.  This is what I used to hold it in place.

Thanks for the replies, hopefully my little projects will turn out as well as yours!

Thought I'd tear into the winch this morning and troubleshoot my power out not in issue.  Ive never cracked open a solenoid cover before so I was a little overwhelmed at first but after peeling everything back it's pretty straightforward.  Looks like 1 bad in and 1 intermittent out.  

IMG_20180217_075434.jpg

Took advance of the sun today to finally get the MJ bumpers primed.  I had planned to coat them in a Duplicolor spray bedliner but it was way too heavy and splattered everywhere.  What is everyone using for a textured look to their bumpers?

IMG_20180218_155553.jpg

Took advance of the sun today to finally get the MJ bumpers primed.  I had planned to coat them in a Duplicolor spray bedliner but it was way too heavy and splattered everywhere.  What is everyone using for a textured look to their bumpers?

IMG_20180218_155553.jpg.6689a7ee8ba4a8b8b35cc2e4f80d88a8.jpg

I love the rustoleum spray on Bedliner. Holds up pretty good. Did my sliders, 3 link, bumpers, trailer, and more with it.

94ac703498b5db0b04eb31a54973f112.jpg you can kind of see the texture in this picture, it’s still wet so that’s why it looks blotchy, but it’s good stuff. The regular stuff is better than the “professional” stuff in my opinion.