Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Brown Santa just dropped off my new tank for the MJ!  Adapter ring for the 97+ fuel pump should be here tomorrow.  Can't wait to start cutting on this tank.

IMG_20171221_163058.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jbain said:

Brown Santa just dropped off my new tank for the MJ!  Adapter ring for the 97+ fuel pump should be here tomorrow.  Can't wait to start cutting on this tank.

IMG_20171221_163058.jpg

Why are you cutting on the tank?

Also, looks like you had a stick shift and transformed to an Automatic. If so, are you willing to sell the ax15?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to cut a hole in the top of the tank for a 97 fuel tank.  As for the transmission it was junk when I pulled it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Trailhawkmj said:

Looks better than some of the other rings I have seen.  Where is it from?

It's a Motobilt Clamping ring, very sturdy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a pretty good day in the garage today, I was able to finish labeling and pulling the harness from the donor rig.  I temp mounted the 97 tail lights and ran the rear harness to them as well as the fuel pump.  I also installed new brake lines, eliminated the rear load leveling system and with the help of my lovely wife we got the system bled.  Now that the engine compartment is buttoned up I can install the drivetrain.

IMG_20171226_180921.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2017 at 5:32 PM, jbain said:

Finished up the fuel tank and got the bed floor "clearances" for the 97 fuel pump.

IMG_20171224_141049.jpg

IMG_20171224_123059.jpg

 

Great mod using the 97 modular pump. Will the float arm be fairly accurate in the MJ tank?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a couple inches short, once I get everything else done I'll probably modify the arm as well as extend the sending unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit the Pull a Part today for a mirror and ran across a Freedom Edition Grand Cherokee with some cool seats.  So I snatched them up and brought them home.  I have a parts XJ with Dark Agate interior so I'll be switching it all over to match the seats. Looks like they will fit nicely.

IMG_20171230_182402.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent most of the day moving snow but with my brothers help we got the engine mounts changed and the H.O. drivetrain sitting safely in it's new home.

IMG_20171231_222648.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished up the driver's WJ seat today and other than a good cleaning it's ready to install.  The bottom of the driver's was ripped badly and after a quick look around the JY I found a nice passenger bottom.  So this morning I swapped the fabric and foam from the donor passenger to my driver's and it fits pretty good.  Should last another 15 years.

IMG_20180101_125137.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished bending up the new stainless fuel line for the H.O. pump this evening as well as installing the new transmission lines and mounting the radiator.  I also got the exhaust system and crossmember in.  Nothing left but the wiring and this piece will be ready to fire.

IMG_20180103_174549.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2017 at 6:18 PM, jbain said:

Had a pretty good day in the garage today, I was able to finish labeling and pulling the harness from the donor rig.  I temp mounted the 97 tail lights and ran the rear harness to them as well as the fuel pump.  I also installed new brake lines, eliminated the rear load leveling system and with the help of my lovely wife we got the system bled.  Now that the engine compartment is buttoned up I can install the drivetrain.

IMG_20171226_180921.jpg

 

 

Can you elaborate on the tail lights?  These are off a 97XJ?  Look to be a pretty close match for the MJ cutouts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look close in the back but I have them shoved up into the hole about 2 inches.  Here is a pic from the side.  I didn't want to mess with the  MJ harness at all so I mounted these temporarily until I can do some body work.

IMG_20180106_173719.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took the Comanche for it's first drive and I gotta say this thing is a fire breathing tire burning machine.  Also The wife made me take the trash down and check the mail.

IMG_20180107_185803.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was searching the internet looking for Inspiration on paint and I came across my Old MJ from Jeep Magazine.  Sure do miss that rig, last I heard it was in upstate New York somewhere.

MJ.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 12:35 PM, jbain said:

I was searching the internet looking for Inspiration on paint and I came across my Old MJ from Jeep Magazine.  Sure do miss that rig, last I heard it was in upstate New York somewhere.

MJ.PNG

 

I kinda miss that truck too. Had one hell of a build thread!

 

 

What ever happened to the XJ buggy you traded for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×