The Golden Eagle MJ

My buddy stopped by yesterday and while we were talking he asked if the Cruise Control worked.  So I made sure everything was hooked up and on the way to town this morning I gave it a try.  Sure will be nice crossing the country.

IMG_20180702_112949.jpg

Yeah it looks big but I think it will look much better once I get the topper back on.  I'm putting a gas can on the driver side so I'm hoping that will also help.  But it fairness it's a big tire.

With all the OffRoad trails we are doing I gotta make sure everything is tied down. I built a sleeping platform then mounted the propane bottle and propane fire pit and should still have room for my clothes.

IMG_20180704_161455.jpg

Finished up the inside of the topper and loaded up all the stuff I'm taking with me.  Here is my problem The Eagle is now sitting 1.5 inches inches lower.in the rear.  Anyone running after market shackles or add a leafs on an SOA?

IMG_20180704_172412.jpg

IMG_20180704_172430.jpg

That tire carrier came out great!   Sounds like you have an awesome trip ahead of you, but Moab in July?? Good grief!  Take more water. :crazy:

2 hours ago, jbain said:

Finished up the inside of the topper and loaded up all the stuff I'm taking with me.  Here is my problem The Eagle is now sitting 1.5 inches inches lower.in the rear.  Anyone running after market shackles or add a leafs on an SOA?

IRO boomerang shackles are greasable, rebuildable, made in the USA and longer than stock even on their lowest setting.  On the longest setting, they would raise you about ~0.75".  

ktmg9Cy.jpg

tJDxqIB.jpg

On 7/4/2018 at 10:53 PM, DesertRat1991 said:

That tire carrier came out great!   Sounds like you have an awesome trip ahead of you, but Moab in July?? Good grief!  Take more water. :crazy:

IRO boomerang shackles are greasable, rebuildable, made in the USA and longer than stock even on their lowest setting.  On the longest setting, they would raise you about ~0.75".  

ktmg9Cy.jpg

tJDxqIB.jpg

Thanks for the info and pics brother, as for Moab it was really just an afterthought.  The plan was always Colorado which can only be done in the summer.  Since our route dropped us into Moab we decided to add a few days and hit some of the iconic stuff.  

Put the Trasharoo on last night and the straps were kinda a pain in the @$$.  But I've always wanted one and said if I ever had a spare tire I would put one on.

IMG_20180705_193735.jpg

everything is always available for donations.  whatever you'd like to put towards our annual expenses.  :L:  just send me a message with your address and what you want and I'll reply with the paypal account.

Pulled the Radiator last night and installed the A/C Condenser and the return line.  Tonight I plan to finish installing these and then it's off for a vacuum and charge.

IMG_20180713_103237.jpg

On 7/6/2018 at 7:30 AM, jbain said:

Thanks for the info and pics brother, as for Moab it was really just an afterthought.  The plan was always Colorado which can only be done in the summer.  Since our route dropped us into Moab we decided to add a few days and hit some of the iconic stuff.  

You can also use Chevy drop shackles from Advance Auto for $30. Longest setting gets you 1.5" of lift. Swapping mine in tonight.

Fluids checked, bags packed, changed the Tcase fluid, greased the steering / arms and gave The Eagle a quick bath.  Hitting the road in the early am tomorrow morning heading west.  Can't wait to get started.

IMG_20180719_193639.jpg