The Golden Eagle MJ

love the build! and your selection of tires!

you'll enjoy the sector shaft support and rcvs.

with the 40's i definitely notice a difference with the steering brace with sector shaft support installed.

the rcv's claim to be quiet but they do make noise just so your aware! 

keep it up :beerbang:

Thanks brother :) ive got about 1500 miles on The Eagle and am digging how it drives.  The front axle I built about 5 years ago for my first MJ so I've been running the RCVs for awhile and hands down the best money I've ever spent on OffRoad parts. 

I really didn't want to do this but with a 4k plus mile trip next month I figured a filter and fluid change on the AW4 was warranted.  As expected the dipstick tube refuses to separate.

IMG_20180623_095001.jpg

The donor Jeep had well over 200k on the clock but it must have been replaced recently because there is absolutely no buildup in the valve cover and it carries 37 pounds of oil pressure at idle hot.  Very cool!

IMG_20180623_150554.jpg

Well the pre-trip maintenance phase is complete.  The Eagle got a Transmission flush and filter, cooling system flush and radiator, new idler pulley, oil filter adapter o rings and Mobile 1 oil change, new valve cover gasket a complete nut and bolt as well as new foam gaskets on all the windows on the topper. It's been a busy couple of days but I'm officially mechanically ready for next months trip.

IMG_20180624_142511.jpg

I finished up the front and rear LED lights as well as fixed the passenger front speaker.  I also added a couple switches and replaced the cigarette lighter with a second 12 volt plug in the factory switch panel and added an external antenna to the VHF radio.  I think that pretty much finished the truck completely..... Seems odd.

IMG_20180625_170631.jpg

When I put the 97 fuel pump in the MJ tank I could either lower the tank below the frame rail or cut a hole in the bed to make room for the regulator, I chose the latter.  I finally got around to finishing the cap so now I can start building my sleeping area for next months trip.

IMG_20180630_193821.jpg

IMG_20180630_193524.jpg

IMG_20180630_193601.jpg

IMG_20180630_193540.jpg

With the taper of the Dirtbound Offroad bumper on the corner I had to grind the same angle on the axle spindle.  Then I'll do a couple plug welds on the angle then pull the bumper and weld up the back.

IMG_20180701_142709.jpg

On 6/19/2018 at 1:34 PM, jbain said:

We'll be heading west in just 30 days!  Time to start setting up The Eagle for extended exploration

IMG_20180619_162945.jpg

Where out west are you headed..? 

Are you planning to sleep in the truck bed? If so, I wonder where you will mount the gas cans?  

5 hours ago, DesertRat1991 said:

Where out west are you headed..? 

Are you planning to sleep in the truck bed? If so, I wonder where you will mount the gas cans?  

We are going to cross Colorado on Mountain passes and dirt roads then drop into Moab.  I do plan to sleep in the truck bed so I'll be mounting the gas can on the swing out tire carrier.