The Golden Eagle MJ

18 hours ago, jbain said:

Brown Santa just dropped off my new tank for the MJ!  Adapter ring for the 97+ fuel pump should be here tomorrow.  Can't wait to start cutting on this tank.

IMG_20171221_163058.jpg

Why are you cutting on the tank?

Also, looks like you had a stick shift and transformed to an Automatic. If so, are you willing to sell the ax15?

Had a pretty good day in the garage today, I was able to finish labeling and pulling the harness from the donor rig.  I temp mounted the 97 tail lights and ran the rear harness to them as well as the fuel pump.  I also installed new brake lines, eliminated the rear load leveling system and with the help of my lovely wife we got the system bled.  Now that the engine compartment is buttoned up I can install the drivetrain.

IMG_20171226_180921.jpg

Hit the Pull a Part today for a mirror and ran across a Freedom Edition Grand Cherokee with some cool seats.  So I snatched them up and brought them home.  I have a parts XJ with Dark Agate interior so I'll be switching it all over to match the seats. Looks like they will fit nicely.

IMG_20171230_182402.jpg

Finished up the driver's WJ seat today and other than a good cleaning it's ready to install.  The bottom of the driver's was ripped badly and after a quick look around the JY I found a nice passenger bottom.  So this morning I swapped the fabric and foam from the donor passenger to my driver's and it fits pretty good.  Should last another 15 years.

IMG_20180101_125137.jpg

I finished bending up the new stainless fuel line for the H.O. pump this evening as well as installing the new transmission lines and mounting the radiator.  I also got the exhaust system and crossmember in.  Nothing left but the wiring and this piece will be ready to fire.

IMG_20180103_174549.jpg

On 12/26/2017 at 6:18 PM, jbain said:

Had a pretty good day in the garage today, I was able to finish labeling and pulling the harness from the donor rig.  I temp mounted the 97 tail lights and ran the rear harness to them as well as the fuel pump.  I also installed new brake lines, eliminated the rear load leveling system and with the help of my lovely wife we got the system bled.  Now that the engine compartment is buttoned up I can install the drivetrain.

IMG_20171226_180921.jpg

Can you elaborate on the tail lights?  These are off a 97XJ?  Look to be a pretty close match for the MJ cutouts.

They look close in the back but I have them shoved up into the hole about 2 inches.  Here is a pic from the side.  I didn't want to mess with the  MJ harness at all so I mounted these temporarily until I can do some body work.

IMG_20180106_173719.jpg

I was searching the internet looking for Inspiration on paint and I came across my Old MJ from Jeep Magazine.  Sure do miss that rig, last I heard it was in upstate New York somewhere.

MJ.PNG

On 1/8/2018 at 12:35 PM, jbain said:

I was searching the internet looking for Inspiration on paint and I came across my Old MJ from Jeep Magazine.  Sure do miss that rig, last I heard it was in upstate New York somewhere.

MJ.PNG

I kinda miss that truck too. Had one hell of a build thread!

What ever happened to the XJ buggy you traded for it?