The Golden Eagle MJ

12 hours ago, jbain said:

Not much n the pan, it was pretty close.  I'm using a 79 F250 HP Dana 44 narrowed to waggy width with a Detroit and RCVs.  Out back I'll be using an 8.8 and a Spartan Locker.

Thank you for the response Jbain! Will be interested to see the work you do on the axle. What is a RCV? Couldn't find the meaning in the acronyms page.

We had a pretty good day today, My brother and I was able to finish up the floors so it's nice to now say my Comanche is rust free.  I was also able to fabricate lower mounts for the 97 dash and mocked it up.  Still have upper mounts but it fits like a glove against that 87 firewall.

IMG_20171214_183654.jpg

IMG_20171214_183717.jpg

I had another productive day in the garage today.  I got the Donor drivetrain unbolted and it's just waiting for me to hook a chain to it.  I also pulled the engine harness and the heater box.  I cut the old firewall out of the Donor while my brother mounted the steering and pedal brackets to the firewall.  I was also able to finish up all the firewall modifications on the driver's side and apply liberal amounts of body sealer.  All in all not a bad day at all.

IMG_20171215_173436.jpg

Got an early start this morning and was able to finish up the mod where the air box passes through the firewall.  I was also able to add the upper dash mounts without cracking the windshield, which took a lot of patience.  Time to move on to the radio antenna pass through and the fuse box mounted on the passenger kick panel.

IMG_20171216_111437.jpg

IMG_20171216_111419.jpg

IMG_20171216_111352.jpg

IMG_20171216_111331.jpg

Kick Panel fuse box and antenna mods are now complete. I believe I'm finally finished with all the modifications required to convert a 87 to a 97 Comanche.  Now comes the fun part, putting parts on instead of taking them off.

IMG_20171216_143445.jpg

Gotta quit early tonight to head to the Christmas Parade.  But I was able to get the engine harness set as well as the passenger inside harness and the TCU.  Tomorrow I hope to button up the dash and set the H.O. drivetrain.

IMG_20171216_180325.jpg

Was in the garage by 6am this morning hoping to finish up the dash.  Mounted the airbox as well installing the duel diaphragm brake booster and pedal assembly.  Mocked up the steering wheel and all the numbers work so I think its time to mount the dash for hopefully the last time.

IMG_20171217_083632.jpg

Well the dash is in and I couldn't be happier with the fit and finish.  I mocked up the center console but for some reason the shifter mount is holding it about a half inch high. I attempted to pull the steering box from the donor and broke 2 of the 3 bolts.  Gonna have to come up with another box.

IMG_20171217_140839.jpg

Time to call it a day and get inside for some dinner. I had to drill out a ton of spot rivets to get the front seat support brackets out of the donor.  But after a lot of measuring I think I found where the new seats are going to sit.  All in all it was a pretty good day.

IMG_20171217_173511.jpg

IMG_20171217_173537.jpg

IMG_20171217_173557.jpg