The Golden Eagle MJ

After selling "Chief" a couple years ago I've been looking for a new MJ.  I've been pretty picky but I finally found the perfect donor.  This little machine is as stripped as they get, heck it doesn't even have power steering.  The plan is a complete 98 conversion, 37's, 44hp front and 8.8 rear, homemade 3 link front suspension, RCV's ect, ect, ect.  My plan is to make a street-able Expedition rig to drive out to run the Rubicon Trail next July.  This is what it looked like when I pulled in to pick it up.  Can't wait to get started.

00J0J_2KMWmnxsFym_1200x900.jpg

Thanks guys, this little rig has the cleanest unibody I've ever seen and with the exception of the driver's floor pan it's completely rust free.  It runs great and within a few minutes of rolling it off the trailer I put it to work helping me clean the garage.

IMG_20171105_095901.jpg

I've always loved the J10 Golden Eagles and since Jeep didnt make a MJ with this package I figured I better.  So this is my is my inspiration.  The J10 birds are too big for our hoods but they now make one for the JKs that fit nicely.

8478b9a8eefb44f202549a73b7a29c96--jeep-cj-jeep-truck.jpg

3 hours ago, jbain said:

My JCR Sliders showed up today.  They are supposed to be MJ specific but they are definitely going to need some work to fit right.  But I will say at 57 pounds per side they are beefy.

IMG_20171209_155730.jpg

What is it that doesn’t fit right? Just curious. 

Time to call it a day, it's always a good feeling when the cutting and grinding is done (well at least on the body).  Now just a few hours of welding a couple tubes of sealer and it will be time to move on to the H.O. swap.

IMG_20171210_170324.jpg