Scavenger hunt! this month: guess the package!

krustyballer16

I'd say that the problem is 2-fold: the prizes aren't huge-super-awesome like a free jeep (which would likely see people breaking into turkey farms :D ) but mostly the pub doesn't get the eyeballs the way it use to.  we'll be working on that part in the future.  step one was the ability to upload pics easily and directly to the site (almost done with that), step b is likely getting some volunteers to post daily or some such with interesting things from the internet.  I hate to say it, but we need to compete with gd facebook.  we are the niche store in town and walmart has moved in.  we do things better, but facebook makes things... easier?  I don't know.  we need to keep doing what we do best, but need to accommodate the new reality too.  

I'd say that the problem is 2-fold: the prizes aren't huge-super-awesome like a free jeep (which would likely see people breaking into turkey farms  ) but mostly the pub doesn't get the eyeballs the way it use to.  we'll be working on that part in the future.  step one was the ability to upload pics easily and directly to the site (almost done with that), step b is likely getting some volunteers to post daily or some such with interesting things from the internet.  I hate to say it, but we need to compete with gd facebook.  we are the niche store in town and walmart has moved in.  we do things better, but facebook makes things... easier?  I don't know.  we need to keep doing what we do best, but need to accommodate the new reality too.  
Too many IDIOTS on Facebook. It's a $#!& storm on there. 99% of the people on here are mature. So much better.

But I don't really care so much about selling hitches. I did it partly to get people to post whacky pictures of their MJs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I'd say that the problem is 2-fold: the prizes aren't huge-super-awesome like a free jeep (which would likely see people breaking into turkey farms :D ) but mostly the pub doesn't get the eyeballs the way it use to.  we'll be working on that part in the future.  step one was the ability to upload pics easily and directly to the site (almost done with that), step b is likely getting some volunteers to post daily or some such with interesting things from the internet.  I hate to say it, but we need to compete with gd facebook.  we are the niche store in town and walmart has moved in.  we do things better, but facebook makes things... easier?  I don't know.  we need to keep doing what we do best, but need to accommodate the new reality too.  

"step one" "step b"?????  :teehee:  Idk why but I got a quick laugh out of that one. 

I do it all the time with my nephews.  they catch it every time too. :D  dang kids are getting too big!

I totally understand, Krusty. :thumbsup:  it's the kind of post that we need more of.  have patience, it'll take off when more eyeballs see it.  Tech gets all the attention.  

and trust, me, I'm as frustrated with some of the "advice" I see on fb as anyone. :fistshake2:  I correct what I can but I've pulled out of a lot of the XJ pages.  just can't take it.  over the years we've had our share of jerks too.  they eventually go away.  I once had a guy try to tell me he was allowed to swear all he wanted on CC because the internet = free speech.  :roflmao:  I don't remember him helping out with the bills at all.  :D  

mostly what I'd like to see is something as simple as "show us your bumpers" and then people can easily share their bumpers.  that would be a huge improvement.  previously it was a hassle to upload pics to a 3rd party site and bring over the addy and such.  facebook makes sharing sooooo easy (sometimes too easy).  we just need to find the right combo of user-friendly and bringing in interesting MJ stuff.  I'm working on a plan for a new subforum.  if it works, it'll be awesome. :applause:

Had today off from work and good ole' Tom Turkey stopped by to give me a hand (wing?) installing my C4x4 tow hook brackets.  Install was a bit tricky at times, but it all came together nice and sturdy.  For the record -- if the trimming of the air dam looks a little wonky in certain places, it's because I let the turkey run the Dremel... :wink:

RXHwS13.jpg

2jBn3d2.jpg