Custom Gauge Cluster???

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update this thread.............

I've spent hours scouring over every conceivable combination of existing gauges, nothing other than some digital gauges that might work, just nothing that I want. 

I made contact with NVU today, I spoke to Micheal in the custom dept. He is willing to make a one-off 6 gauge panel to replace the stock MJ cluster. I have to do the artwork/rendering and decide on what gauge style I want. 

Just updating that this can be done, will be done. May take me 6 months to a year but it will happen. 

7 hours ago, Green Mesa XJ said:

Cool! How much would that cost if more of use were interested to buy one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't know, yet. They have to send me an estimate after I send them the request form and rendering. 

I've looked at Speedhut's site a dozen times but I just found this page, they do make matching gauges in 3 3/8 which would fit. 

I contacted Speehut first, they are not willing to do one-off designs. 

These gauges are nice, take one to the custom page and play with it.

These are a second choice. http://www.speedhut.com/gauges/3-3-8-inch/?catid=f254&i=18&p=1

I want all six gauges on a single face, I want them to fit into the stock cluster, behind the stock lens. I want modern gauges, a modern look, but I want it to look like it's always been there. 

Since my colors are black/tan with blue accent, I want a black face with white digits/dials/pointer but a blue glow at night. 

Definitely going GPS, forever ending cables/senders. 

I want what no one else has. 

To answer your question on cost, my guess, based on what others have done, $1800

I submitted my request form to NVU.

Here is a part of it, you can see where I'm going here, I'm specifically choosing from what is already designed to keep costs down. Although, if money were of no concern..........I have other ideas. 

1988 Jeep Comanche (MJ) I want to replace the existing 6 gauge cluster with modern gauges. You have two clusters on page 12 of your flicker account. The arrangement I'm looking for is exactly like Perf2night. The style of gauge including backlighting and font is found on greg-night. The dash bezel window size is 13.25 wide and 4" high. I can send you a drawing, or a gutted cluster that your cluster will need to mount to. GPS speedo with 120 read max. I found your clusters on this page https://www.flickr.com/photos/90719091@N02/with/11007358325/

I still wish Dakota digital made clusters for us (Like they do for my Fullsizes) I did some poking with a tape measure and these look like they will fit.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=219/category_id=69/mode=prod/prd219.htm

Anything from the Ion series can be made to work for individual gauges. 

In the next few days I will get dimensions off the Wagoneer cluster. Size looks close

Little disappointed, I was hoping you could create a single panel/overlay with the 6 gauges behind it. That way we are not confined to gauge bezel sizes. 

In light of that, please quote me on the three gauge using the quad. 

Thank you

Hi Scott

Will do.  Yes we can build a custom cluster from scratch, however, it is usually cost prohibitive as a full on cluster takes about 35-50 hours of work.

Give me a round number on full on. 

And the three with quad. 

We will write up a quote on both, its hard to say without adding it up. 

We have built clusters from $3,000-$15,000, also have to do a quick packaging study to see if we can use standard circuits that we have on hand or if we have to create one-off circuit board(s) might be Tuesday before we can have all of the info on a full on cluster but not any longer

BS.

All I'm asking them to do is do what they have already done, just repackage it. Even of the gauge case/circuitry extended out past the cluster case, that would be ok as long as the face/overlay fit inside the window.

1 hour ago, CMMagnussen said:

I still wish Dakota digital made clusters for us (Like they do for my Fullsizes) I did some poking with a tape measure and these look like they will fit.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=219/category_id=69/mode=prod/prd219.htm

Anything from the Ion series can be made to work for individual gauges. 

In the next few days I will get dimensions off the Wagoneer cluster. Size looks close

Anything you can do would be appreciated. 

As a side note:

I had a couple of back and forth emails before I got this out of him/them. 

I've experienced this before, someone telling me what I can and cannot afford, I hate that. 

it is usually cost prohibitive as a full on cluster takes

That looks awesome definetly got my wheels turning
A$20 junk yard full cluster would be so much easier.
These a pillar pods are like $35 on eBay but if you had a full cluster I'm not sure what you would put in it.
Making my cluster was the easiest solution for me to run gauges...
But a stock mj, use stock gauges

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I've got my quote from NVU, price was not that much more for a full-on one-off custom cluster with 6 gauges. 

They will get my deposit in the next couple of months. 

I inquired about production, will remain a one-off. 

Group buy is available if any of you are interested. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/15/2017 at 11:28 AM, krustyballer16 said:

A$20 junk yard full cluster would be so much easier.
These a pillar pods are like $35 on eBay but if you had a full cluster I'm not sure what you would put in it.
Making my cluster was the easiest solution for me to run gauges...
But a stock mj, use stock gauges

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

20 bucks for a full cluster?? I'll take it!!!