The 100$ Ram Charger, plus ferrets

this first picture is a little old, it a pic of the day I finally got it running and driving, it was also the day I figured out what the problem was, turns out it was a 13$ rebuild kit for the dizzy consisting of a metal pin that hold the pick-up in place on the dizzy shaft. 

066.jpg

I have a more recent one, but it's file size is apparently too big, even for a separate post.

Sweet, I love the rear windows on those things. There's an old Dodge Ram pickup in my neighborhood that has the exact same front end look on it. It's just sitting there. I'm not sure I've ever seen it move. After reading your story I thought about asking the owner if they were looking to get rid of it. My wife might kill me tho if I get another vehicle...

• 1 month later...

Winter was not kind to Rammy this week. we've had a pretty mild winter so far here in Edmonton. Worked ended a week ago so I had no resaon to drive anywhere then we got a cold snap. went to start the truck to go to work and ... nothing I think the cold damaged the battery, because I pulled an old one out of the shed and could barley get it to turn over. So now I'm off to thinker with it in hopes of getting it running.

• 2 weeks later...

Well since I can sleep. I figured that I'd give everyone an up date on the truck.

With the warmer weather and a replacement (warranty) battery she's up and running again.  I'm planning on getting a battery blanket to try and prevent this from happening again. 

Also bonus ferret update

My sister recently got a cat so I've been slowly introducing it to the ferrets one at a time. They have proven to be the dominant pet >:) some time this week i plan on having all four of them in a room together so ill try to take a picture if they sit still long enough. 

• 2 months later...

minor Ram charger update. the passenger door on the truck hasn't worked since day one, not the window, not the lock, it wouldn't even open. so I sat down with it today after school to fix it. turns out the electric solenoid for the lock seized up really good and prevented everything from moving, so I removed the rod connecting it to everything else and voila working door. the electric window is still not functioning, but that requires further testing, I probed the switch so I know it's getting power i'm wounding if maybe it too has seized.

• 3 months later...

Temporary weekend upgrade.

I dropped off the metal to get cut and drilled this afternoon and the guy said it should be done by tomorrow so I'll be able to mount it properly then.

It's mostly for looks. But it going to be mounted properly in case I need it.

20180711_181426.jpg

4 hours ago, Pete M said:

nice!  every truck/4x4/jeep needs a winch.  :D  

how are the ferrets doing?  

I'd just finished some grouting work on the heated portion of their outside play pen before setting up that pic.

This pic is from before I grouted.

20180709_192527.jpg

On 7/17/2018 at 7:19 PM, Pete M said:

awesomesauce :D   when is a lift going on?

Considering it's only rwd it probably won't get one :(

also I've run out of room for all of my cars. So I'm trying to sell it ( kinda hoping it doesn't sell so I can keep it)

but if it sells the xr4ti is getting some go fast mods :)