"Wendy"- 88 Jeep Comanche Build

Sorry I haven't updated here much, I am just in the process of gathering parts haven't really done much to Wendy as of late. I'll bring you guys up to speed. 

I still haven't installed the new trackbar  because I have to drop the front suspension out to the upper and lower control arms. I am going from fixed to adjustable, and I was reading the chart @HOrnbrod posted about control arm length for a 4" lift it states to set the lowers to 16.5" would there be any effect I running them longer such as 18"s? Like running the uca's and lca's about 1.5" longer than the chart states?

Also tore apart my gauge cluster to prep for something coming in the mail

SxilbJfl.jpg

I also picked the bell housing and np231 for the ax15, I started piecing it together, now to just order the trans mount, clutch pressure plate, clutch fork etc. to get it swapped in

a5nJpsYl.jpg

In the mail yesterday I got my extended brake line which I will be installing as I do the control arms

VY5r1VTl.jpg

And Lastly I've been marking up the front and rear fenders where they will be getting chopped soon 

nyYOpSxl.jpg

As I said before not much has really happened. Mostly gathering parts and not really doing much actual work. Its slowly coming together and I can't wait to see it done. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Swampy said:

I also got the gauge cluster from a fellow member her on the forum. @schardein Thanks again

I got it swapped in and I couldnt be happier

h2YZup2.jpg

U9aILEO.jpg

I did adjust the tach before installing the new cluster because it came from a 4.0l and I have a 2.5l

How did you adjust it? 

I have a 4.0 tach but never thought about adjusting it to a 2.5

On 12/13/2017 at 10:44 AM, 88whitemanche said:

How did you adjust it? 

I have a 4.0 tach but never thought about adjusting it to a 2.5

Lee helped me by giving me some simple directions. You have to take the tach all the way out. I believe it is just the 5 screws in the back. Once it is all out, on the top of the little circuit board there is a small plastic phillips head screw. turn it all the way clockwise till it stops. And you have just adjust your tach for a 2.5l. then just put everything back into place how it was

Oh, now I understand. To get the rubber boot off the shifter put the lower section in a vise then use a big screwdriver or prybar to lift upwards on the shifter handle. It'll work off then you can slide the boot off. I will say that it's still a tight fit and chances are 30 year old rubber will split... Good luck!

18 hours ago, Skorpyo said:

Oh, now I understand. To get the rubber boot off the shifter put the lower section in a vise then use a big screwdriver or prybar to lift upwards on the shifter handle. It'll work off then you can slide the boot off. I will say that it's still a tight fit and chances are 30 year old rubber will split... Good luck!

I unbolted it from the trans but I can't get the mounting plate off the bottom. Also I would slid it up but how do I get over that huge change in diameter (picture #2) 

21 minutes ago, Swampy said:

I unbolted it from the trans but I can't get the mounting plate off the bottom. Also I would slid it up but how do I get over that huge change in diameter (picture #2) 

So where the bare/silver metal piece goes into the bottom of the black shifter handle post you can separate them as I described above. You can then slide the rubber boot upwards over the bare/silver square piece that is left easier. It's still a bit tight, but better than trying to go over the black handle. grease the handle to help it slide over too

If you separate it, it should look like the photo below of my BA10 after I pulled it

shifter.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I have kept you guys in the dark. Been doimg a lot of work on the comanche, and havemt really updated the thread so here it is

Most importantly is that the ax15 swap and transfer case are in the jeep

hDvP1h4.jpg

twHElzq.jpg

pJruZNz.jpg

2zuECWi.jpg

I also installed the front driveshaft, I picked it up from @88whitemanche already cut for a 4.5 lift 

xphXT7M.jpg

Also got my boostwerks tcase linkage

tlYX45T.jpg

I picked up an 8.25 out of a 2000 cherokee. I know its a 29 spline axles and an open diff. I don't know what gears it has, i have to take the diff cover off and start counting teeth

sVLTuzB.jpg

I also have adjustable upper and lower control arms that I have to install in Wendy as well 3wZDIPg.jpg

• 1 month later...

Its been a while since I have updated you guys on the build. As my last post was in 2017 first off happy new years to all of my comanche family.

Secondly, some work has been done on the comanche,

Cleaned, prepped, welded and painted the 8.25 to be slung under Wendy and it was installed yesterday (sitting at about 6 inches of lift)

K7A9WVRl.jpg

I also picked up the rear driveshaft I got made, and broke a bolt while installing it 

G7HYhdgl.jpg

aWIPSMwl.jpg

Thirdly I ordered and installed 1.5" coil spacers in the front along with installing the adjustable control arms I have 

kVJlHFNl.jpg

And finally I pulled the rear disc brakes from an '04 Jeep liberty with an 8.25 for my mj

BlXvCSsl.jpg       I have a full kj disc brake swap on a 8.25 axle write up in the DIY section

• 2 weeks later...