California Comanche

12 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

This is what the bump stop is supposed to look like. The ones you have are way too long. 

33685.jpg

I couldn't find any at the local AP store, so I went with some for an XJ. They might be a little long but the 31s were rubbing pretty bad. In the post right before this one that has the RE sway bars you can kind of see the new black rubber bump stop. 

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, finally got my JCR bumper and D44 diff cover on. Bumper before/after is below - how do I tell if it's a factory bumper?

Ignore the cruddy bedliner finish - have to touch that up with the new bumper clearance. Overall very impressed with the quality and fit. 

RaqMW1Q.jpg

0tBrW3i.jpg

ZKlnUvD.jpg

UNb4eXb.jpg

gIybji1.jpg

xT1fx1M.jpg

Also installed the new speedo gear - big difference between 31 and 42 teeth! 

MYROHZl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Something I never new before...........

Mine being a short wheel base,  the rear shocks are mounted behind the axle.  Yours being a long wheel base, the shocks are mounted in front of the axle.

I really like that d44 cover.  I looked around and could not find it.  Could you give some info on it,  where you got it,  price,  do you like it?

16 minutes ago, desertmike said:

Something I never new before...........

Mine being a short wheel base,  the rear shocks are mounted behind the axle.  Yours being a long wheel base, the shocks are mounted in front of the axle.

I really like that d44 cover.  I looked around and could not find it.  Could you give some info on it,  where you got it,  price,  do you like it?

I didn't know that either! Got a pic? Very interesting. 

The cover is ODC American Rebel Manufacturing. I saw it on here and knew I had to pick it up. They are discontinued but are selling out the remaining stock - my understanding is they ended their license deal with mopar (who moved production of these diff covers overseas), so I'd act quick if you want one. Awesome made in America quality and it has already taken a couple beatings with no problem. I got the set for D30/D44 for just shy of $400, comparable to what you'd pay elsewhere. 

https://www.americanrebelmfg.com/jeep

Looks good.  Very functional and not over done.   Do you have any more pics of how you cut and mounted your rear fender flares?  Or is their a write up somewhere?  My bedsides are a little rotten on both sides and am wondering if I can cut it out and still retain the factory look like yours.   

15 minutes ago, Lthompson741 said:

Looks good.  Very functional and not over done.   Do you have any more pics of how you cut and mounted your rear fender flares?  Or is their a write up somewhere?  My bedsides are a little rotten on both sides and am wondering if I can cut it out and still retain the factory look like yours.   

thank you very much. I had planned on trimming the rear fenders but opted not to for the time being. I did use a couple coats of bed-liner on the flares to bring them back to life and match the rocker panels. the front we cut and trimmed and fiberglassed the edges to top water and mud from getting in there.

Overall it's help up pretty well but the rocker panels need a a refresher. 

36 minutes ago, crumbscomanche said:

thank you very much. I had planned on trimming the rear fenders but opted not to for the time being. I did use a couple coats of bed-liner on the flares to bring them back to life and match the rocker panels. the front we cut and trimmed and fiberglassed the edges to top water and mud from getting in there.

Overall it's help up pretty well but the rocker panels need a a refresher. 

Cool, I looked over your pics pretty good and almost thought they still looked factory in the rear.   Your fronts look very good tho.   I figured if you were able to retain the rear factory look I had to ask how.

18 minutes ago, SatiricalHen said:

I like that rear slider a lot better than mine. What brand is that? Mine hangs out the back of the jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C.R. Laurence : https://www.carid.com/cr-laurence/c-r-laurence-duo-vent-four-panel-slider.html?make=Jeep&model=Comanche

fit and build quality is great

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/21/2018 at 8:35 PM, crumbscomanche said:

Have gotten a few little things done - replaced headlight relay, put in the @MeanLemons cables and installed the JCR tire carrier, which has a license plate bracket and a light for the plate. The 31'' looks a little goofy because it's small, looking forward to getting 33s on here now! 

BvRDpYj.jpg

is it the camera angle, or does the positive cable seem awfully close to the grounded battery tiedown?