Jeremy's Radio Emporium: Old Radios for the Modern Era

2 hours ago, KoopaKid said:

Could you retrofit a radio with Bluetooth that would fit into a 1988 Comanche? I am super interested if you could do that, especially if it appeared stock from the outside.

@jdog is pretty much right on the money here. I would absolutely love to start adding Bluetooth to radios, and if legally selling them didn't cost tens of thousands of dollars I would start selling them tomorrow. But the reality is that it's just not economically viable. However, the aux input I provide works perfectly with any Bluetooth receiver that plugs into a 3.5mm stereo jack, and there are plenty of them that are very reasonably priced.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got off my rear and created a real OP with some info on myself and my operation. Added an order form, and...   All limited warranties have been retroactively extended from one month to six m

Someone must be figuring out my secrets. Last night on my eBay feed I found a 56007214 with an aux jack that I definitely did not build.   There is room for only one in this market, and I wi

Posted Images

On 1/22/2021 at 9:26 AM, KoopaKid said:

Could you retrofit a radio with Bluetooth that would fit into a 1988 Comanche? I am super interested if you could do that, especially if it appeared stock from the outside.

I have one of his radios and plugged a bluetooth dongle into the AUX cord to give me wireless tunes :D  while I was at it I added a second USB adapter in the dash to charge my phone. 

26219942_2072444466104294_5520199083543276195_n.jpg

On 12/31/2020 at 5:11 PM, Minuit said:

Also, just throwing an idea out there: A video where I go through the high points of the AMC and Jeep radios, year by year. Yes or no?

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten :))

PdpDNeul.jpg

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, diegut said:

Hello Jeremy, I have a 91 Jeep Wrangler Sahara . I need the original radio, do you have it?

I want to be included in your waiting list
Thanks.

I've added your name to the list. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 12:09 PM, fiatslug87 said:

How long is your list now? I terms of time to receive product.

On 4/16/2021 at 3:06 PM, RustyRodder said:

I am also curious to that! (And I am sure I am number 2,342 lol)

I can't give a solid timeframe, lest I be crucified when I fail to meet it, but several months at least.

On 4/17/2021 at 4:30 PM, Minuit said:

I can't give a solid timeframe, lest I be crucified when I fail to meet it, but several months at least.

I am not that worried about it. 

Btw- I hae a couple extra radios.  Any interest?